Good Mac friendly printer for a designer?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by iToon, Apr 21, 2005.

1. iToon macrumors newbie

iToon

I've got to purchase a new printer for graphic design work and I was wondering if anyone has any good suggestions? I can probably budget between £200-£300 UK. I'm open to A4 and A3+ options as frankly I can't decide at present!

Obviously, I need this to be Mac compatible, but maybe also compatible on Windows XP as well. Furthermore, should I get a standalone printer, or would a combo printer/scanner kinda jobbie be sufficient?

Help would be much appreciated. I'm certainly interested in hearing what other designers use at home.

:) cheers

2. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Hi, I like and use Canon (see sig.). I have a Canon and an Epson and as said I really like the Canon the best. If I had your budget I would look into the Canon i9900 (that's the model in the US). It can print up to 13x19 and I have seen prints from this printer and I must say :D I also think it has FW along with usb 2.0 but some other members have this printer and could tell you more about it than I can.
    As far as an all-in-one I stay away from them since I had nothing but problems with a HP and when one thing went I was without the others upon repair. I hope this helps.