good macbook 13" bags

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by rexisking, Oct 3, 2006.

1. rexisking macrumors newbie

My current laptop bag has just collapsed and i personally blam it on the old 510m dell thing i had but i have a 13" macbook now and need a new case for it. I have had a look around and found nothing amazing, so i need some help. My friend wants me to get a scrumpler but there is not a macbook version and i already have a sleeve, an i do not want to lose all the money due to a careless mistake. Could you please post some links to a good case, price is not a major thing but not to mad please.

Thank you

2. pbollin macrumors newbie

I got

I just got the Brenthaven Edge 1, it is pretty neat and provides great protection. If you just want a sleeve any of the following will do. Tucano, STM, and Be-Ez. My favorite is the Be-Ez.

3. slick316 macrumors 6502

I had a Booqbags case for my 17" MBP, but Booqbags are a little expensive, approx. $180 for something for the MB.
    I have a black MacBook now, and I am also looking at a case. What I was looking for was something specific to the MacBook, and big enough to hold the charger, remote, and iPod. I found one just 5 minutes ago, but unfortunately, they are out of stock:
    http://www.marware.com/cgi-bin/WebO...catalogCatID=219&wosid=BE9bRot3WTbmK7eM8jjNcw
    I know the picture shows a blue bag, but they come in all black.

Brenthaven makes nice bags, as mentioned above.

4. dropscience macrumors newbie

dropscience

Gravis L-Case!! I think the sizing is only for 15" and 17" though.

5. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

Can you take a picture of it opened, with your MB in it?

6. iBrad macrumors newbie

iBrad

I bought a Swiss Army Wenger laptop bag at Staples and I love it, lot's padding all around and very thick. Good quality zippers/hardware. was $50

got it for my 13in MacBook

7. pbollin macrumors newbie

I wish I could but I dont have a camera, and probably wont for a while considering I'm a poor college student. However, here is a link of some other pics. Take my word for it, the macbook is safe in the Brenthaven. Just dont plan on taking anything else with you because the adapter won't fit in the bag with it. http://brenthaven.com/catalog-edge-i-black.html#

8. Maccus Aurelius macrumors 6502a

Maccus Aurelius

I bought the brenthaven metro for my macbook. It's really a great bag, but I regret not looking harder for the brenthaven with the larger side pocket, since the $80 metro's pocket is a bit snug for the adapter and ipod. I also bought a CaseLogic sleeve for it since I often just slip the computer in my backpack. It's a pretty good cover, and has a nice large 2 sided pouch on the top, it beats the $30 dollar sleeve sold by the apple store.

9. rexisking thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok thank you. I think will stick with a sleeve and a backpack for th mo until i can afford a good bag... tank you again.