Good MacBook Covers?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Mr. MacBook, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Mr. MacBook macrumors 6502

Hi,

Im looking for a cheap cover, silicone or anything.
    I want to be able to use it WHILE im using the macbook(so the case has to cover the macbook, but doesent have to be taken off to open it up.)

Basically like a MacBook shirt to cover most of it.

Preferrably black, but i really dont care.

2. hircus macrumors member

Speck

These http://amazon.com/o/ASIN/B000KG6H10/ref=s9_asin_title_1-hf_favarpcbss_2238_g1/102-7649713-0544123?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=1DJAS6GTKN8VWNGZVQH3&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=278240701&pf_rd_i=507846 covers look quite nice. There's no black in the current range, but there's a clear case that might do just as well.

I'm personally waiting for the green colour http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000NY2W1I/ref=wl_it_dp/102-7649713-0544123?ie=UTF8&coliid=I1I0QTGAU0C4JR&colid=3506EP30W45TJ that'll be available in the next iteration, but then again, I'm also waiting for the Santa Rosa / Leopard Macbooks before getting one =)

3. infz macrumors member

infz

I bought a blue SpeckProducts case for my black C2D macbook. I'm very happy with it :) Here are some pictures:

pretty macbook

I have some BestSkinsEver plastic covers for the trackpad/wristpad area, and I have a blue iSkin cover that I use when I'm eating near the macbook.

Within an hour of buying the macbook and putting the case on it, I'd spilled coffee over the back. So the protection makes me happy :D My only problem is that I can't for the life of me get the back cover off :eek: lol.

4. hircus macrumors member

That *does* look good. I'm thinking of saving some cash and getting the white Macbook instead, the green case and the black iSkin cover.

I'm looking at getting the Moshi palmguard (someone on this forum recommended it) -- any idea how it compares to BestSkinsEver? I quite like the idea of the trackpad getting a separate cover from the rest of the palm rest ..

BTW, do they use C# at UWaterloo, or only for the EE majors?

5. infz macrumors member

infz

Looks like the Moshi is opaque (and has a logo! :() which may or may not be a good thing... The bestskinsever is just a thin film of plastic that fits the macbook very well. Except at the wrists there's a little cutout rectangular sliver from the "bottom" (facing the user) that's left exposed, I don't know why. But it's cool; I'm glad it's protecting the macbook from my grubby hands when I'm eating while coding lol. The trackpad's texture is a little wrong because of it though :( I think the keyboard and the skins were probably dumb ideas. But the speck shell is awesome :)

afaik C# is only used in one first-year engineering course. For Math/CS, in first year it's scheme and Java, later on you use C++ in a required course or two, and then it depends what you take. A lot of the CS courses don't involve/require programming, and often the language is left up to the student.

6. krewelement394 macrumors regular

krewelement394

wow it looks awesome! i want to ask you a question! the cover for the keyboard how does that stay on?:D
    and also do the letters glow? they look like they do:Doh by the way i love the way your mac looks with a blue cover hmm does the white apple logo really turn blue when you put on the blue cover? wow it looks cool! i bought a green cover for mine but havent gotten it yet it should be arriving:D will my logo glow green?! is it safe to take off the cover? thanks :D

7. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

That blue case looks hideous. I'd rather have a scratch than that lump around my computer.

8. krewelement394 macrumors regular

krewelement394

do you have a black mac? if so then it prob does look hideous but i dont think it will:D
    my mac is white so it'll take teh whole color of the cover:D

9. choff macrumors newbie

Macbook Cover

Has anyone tried the InvisibleSHIELD?

10. uicandrew macrumors 6502a

11. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I would never buy Speck, the Incase cases are far superior in every aspect (unless you are looking for glossy plastic clear - in which case they are only superior in quality, not color)... The Speck case scratched my old MacBook Pro - haven't had any problems with the Incase on any of my computers... I do realize Incase is slower in terms of releasing new products (New MacBook), I guess quality takes time.

12. mbb player macrumors newbie

13. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

I agree that thing is horrible

14. Patriks7 macrumors 65816

Patriks7

I would definitely not recommend the Speck shell! I have one on my MacBook and my mom has one on hers. We put them on the second we took the MacBooks out of the box. I took my shell off about a month ago because it added quite a bit of weight and my whole MacBook was full of scratches!

15. Amanda*11 macrumors newbie

Contemplating a cover...

I'm thinking about getting either the speck or incase hard cover to protect my macbook from scratches and to personalize it. I already have an incase neoprene sleeve that i put it in before throwing it in my backpack. I'm wondering if the macbook would still fit in this sleeve if it had a cover on it. It fits pretty snug as is...Does anyone know?

16. aureliusroot macrumors newbie

Should definitely fit your Incase even with the hardcase.

Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/user/itsmemorphious#play/uploads/71/3Y4OCtL6z9o

17. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Mine Did. I had an Incase Hard Shell with an Incase Neoprene Sleeve. But check out the ColcaSac.

18. Amanda*11 macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reassurance! I didn't want to buy something I wouldn't use...:)

19. macbookbaby macrumors newbie

Macbook Pro 13.3

I have recently purchased a Macbook Pro 13.3 and am in the process of trying to find a cover or bag to protect it, however nearly all things on offer are advertised for Macbook Pro 13. Will this covers and bags fit my 13.3?

20. straatman macrumors newbie

21. straatman macrumors newbie

22. hackia macrumors newbie

Best macbook cover

Hey Fellas,

i just recently ordered a cover from macbook cover .com its pretty sweet
    and it was fast and cheap and easy to install

i got the yellow one, even though im a dude, it looks tight,
    now drawing on it, ill post a pic lata

peace