Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macette

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 5, 2002
Melbourne
Hi,

I'm looking for help finding a good bit of mailing list software. I'm not a spammer, not selling marketing deals, just in search of a good tool that will save me some time. Something based on PHP/MySQL would be ideal, as I'm familiar with setting those things up.

Basically, I send out a fortnightly newsletter which has links to the website I'm working on (http://www.ethicalbusiness.com.au)

I need people to be able to subscribe from the site, and also to unsubscribe themselves, rather than requiring me to do it. They also need to be able to verify that they want to join the list, to avoid people signing up people who don't want to be on the list.

The most important thing is that the software needs to be able to write multi-part emails - that is, emails that are simultaneously able to be read by text-only and HTML-email readers. I'm using one at the moment called MyMail, but it only supports limited HTML, is unpredictable and gives weird HTML messages when they subscribe.

So - does anybody know of something that might help? My org is happy to pay a small amount - up to $150US I think - for something, but I'd love some recommendations. And if there's something FREE out there, I'd be even happier.

If anybody has better ideas for email newsletters, I'd love to hear them too!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.