Good MP3 to WMA converter.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tomokun, Oct 14, 2006.

1. tomokun macrumors member

tomokun

I just purchased a Samsung SCH-a930 (VZW) phone. It has a music player, but it only supports WMA's (Without going into a secret menu every time, and its not convenient).

I Already use BITPIM to get data onto the phone, but I need a good way to convert. Any ideas?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I don't have it, but Flip4Mac Studio might be what you're after (US$49). :)

3. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

This doesn't help in the slightest, but what was Samsung thinking? :eek:

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Yeah, are you positive it doesn't support regular ol' MP3s? :eek:

5. dogbone macrumors 68020

dogbone

What about this

or this drag and drop utility which is only about 10 bucks

6. tomokun thread starter macrumors member

tomokun

Actually Samsung didnt blockout the MP3 player. Verizon did. Infact Chocolate was the first VZW V-Cast music phone to feature the MP3 player unlocked from the start.

Is there anything out there thats free?

It does, sort of. To play MP3 files I have to go (from the menu system) to settings and tools -> Press # -> type in the unlock code of 000000 -> Press 0 to get into ANOTHER secret menu -> unlock code thats 8886573982 -> MP3 player. Thats not conveinient as just pressing the play button outside of the phone, which supports WMA files.

LG phones let you unlock it perminaintly, but not samsungs.

7. jklara macrumors newbie

Found this for itunes

To convert a song's file format:
    Choose iTunes > Preferences, then click the Advanced button at the top of the window and click Importing.
    From the Import Using pop-up menu, choose the encoding format that you want to convert the song to, then click OK to save the settings.
    Select one or more songs in your library, then choose Advanced > Convert Selection to MP3, Convert Selection to AAC, Convert Selection to Apple Lossless, Convert Selection to AIFF, or Convert Selection to WAV. (The menu item changes to show what's selected in your Importing preferences.)
    To convert all the songs in a folder or on a disk, hold down the Option key and choose Advanced > "Convert Selection to," then choose the folder or disk containing the songs you want to convert. All the songs in the folder or on the disk will be converted except songs you purchased from the iTunes Store. (Purchased songs are encoded using a protected AAC format that prevents them from being converted.):D

8. thunderweb macrumors 6502

thunderweb