Good news for Apple

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc. Rumors' started by Mr. Anderson, Apr 16, 2002.

1. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

2. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I'm not completely sure...

but my broker informed me that Apple's shares should reach $30 very soon...and at which point I've been advised to get out...

3. Kid Red macrumors 65816

I'm holding onto my shares till Apple is about to fold which I don't see happening unless Stevie gets hit by a car or his plane crashes. I'm in it for the long term. And after M$ gets disbanded and the people revolt and move towards Apple and Linux dies because OS X is king, then, I'll be happy I kept my shares. Damn, in fact, I need to get a couple more before they go up too much.

4. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I hear ya...but I didn't buy enough to warrant actually making a significant return...I'll just be happy to get my money back and a little extra...I can do many more things with it than hold my breath...

5. Taft macrumors 65816

Taft

Strong buy.

I'm sure that UBS doesn't have any information the general public doesn't. Making recommendations off that information would be illegal.

They are probably acting off the positive news Apple has had lately. The new iMac, iPod, new networking products, more upgrades to OS X on the way, strong sales, and profitable quarter after profitable quarter. Things are looking good for Apple.

Even the price hike made sense from a business standpoint. Where Dell is hiding behind less-machine-for-your-buck, Apple has come out straight with consumers and made an upfront price adjustment.

The markets have looked favorably on Apple for some time. Things are looking good.

Matthew

6. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    a big grain of salt

beware of the brokers and the analysts-most of the time they're WRONG.

do your own research-its easy to find the financial data you need and both schwab and AOL give access to recent articles and developments that can effect stock performance. where were these analysts when apple was trading below $18 or even $14....? remember, the brokers make money when you buy or sell regardless of how well you do. i'm not saying they're unethical-just making the point about WHO really cares the most about your hard earned $$$$( answer: YOU DO!):D

re: aapl--p/e ratio is 41 with projected p/e of 33---that's too high in an historical sense. they're really gonna have to pump up their earnings to make the stock price attractive again. and they're trading close to a 52 week high-always a warning sign to me.

my two credos:

1) buy low, sell high
    2) pigs get fat, but hogs get slaughtered

just my opinion. ( and some say free advice is overpriced! :D )

7. Taft macrumors 65816

Taft

p/e

Your right about the price to earnings ratio. But the fact that an analyst would consider a strong buy is not wholly dependant on this number.

In reality, this is just one of many, many analysts. He happens to think that its a good time to buy Apple. I personally agree. I think sales will improve and moves they have made will put them in a position to increase earnings because of it.

My 2 cents.

Matthew

8. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

Just a thought...

If the analyst is actually savvy to Apple, it could be because Photoshop 7 just shipped. It's not too much of a stretch to imagine a little torrent of new business for Apple as a result. Lots of people have been holding off on new Apple purchases until this exact event.

9. Mr. Anderson thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Re: Just a thought...

That's a really good point. I've been waiting myself for PS7 to finally switch over to OSX on my TiPB, I know I'm not the only one. It will be interesting to see if sales pick up now.

Apple closed at 25.74, up .74
    Adobe closed at 40.12 up .74 too!

Strange coinsidence:D

10. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

I'm so pissed I missed the boat last summer when they were trading around 15...if I had only had a couple of hundred bucks laying around I could have made a great profit...
    Oh well, hindsight is definitely 20/20.

11. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

it sounds like someone knows about the new TiBook..
    the shares rocketing like this must mean that it will be really good! and don't forget about the G5!!!:D

12. freedom macrumors member

Royal Midsommarkransen, Stockholm, Sweden
    here we go again…

More speculation?!

Seriously, this thread is really interesting.
    It should be somewhat permanented
    so that this growing community might
    check in on the Apple -stock every now
    and then! You seem to have an eye on
    other shares like Adobe as well. Good!
    I´m not holding any stocks at the moment.
    But if a good opportunity shows up, I might
    buy some…

Do you know about any other Apple-related companies?

Quark Inc? :)

13. Mr. Anderson thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Re: here we go again…

A word of good advice, if you're really interested trading stocks, do the research yourself, that way you don't get burned and if you do loose money, its only yourself to blame. I personally wouldn't take any stock advice posted on a thread like this.

http://www.motleyfool.com

They do a really good job with the analysis and have a good user community/message board.

14. Jookbox macrumors 6502

then apple's development stagnates even longer since there is no competition.