Good news for the gaming industry as a whole;

Discussion in 'Games' started by JackAxe, Feb 21, 2007.

1. Coded-Dude macrumors 6502a

Coded-Dude

PS2.....still the biggest competition for every other console.

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Careful! you should see what happened at Joystiq. Lot of angry people there!

Even better with the Wii having supply shortages :cool: this machine is doing all the right things. This is what I said from the get go. Take a DS and turn it into a console - The Wii.

On a side note, anyone seen the power usage figures for the Wii? It peaks at 18.4 watts. (PS3- 199.7 watts, 360- 186.5)
    AND the news that indie devs can't get dev kits because big studios are flocking to them now they've seen how popular the system is? Looks like the DS all over again!

3. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Take away ubisoft's dev kits and give them to someone who gives a ****.

4. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

why is it good news for the industry that Nintendo is selling a lot? :confused: :confused:

Good news for wii-hardcore that like to brag about how great the system is I suppose...

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Good news for the industry + games generally costing cheaper to develop for Wii= more devs onboard, more new devs can afford to build for a popular system= more games around.

6. darkwing macrumors 65816

I hope the Wii sells a lot! I have stock in GameStop. ;)

7. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Careful with that....The console is cool but without those games its nothing and right now it doesn't look like the wii is packing a good punch with 3rd party games...exclusives are there but whats up with the ports...are they going to port all those games from the PS2/GC/Xbox era?

Bless

8. JackAxe thread starter macrumors 68000

JackAxe

The 360 sales were up 18% from last year acccording to MS as an example. Gaming in generaly seems to be pushing forward once again. Besides portable sales over the past few years, everything else was kind of in a slump until this holiday season.

If bragging were my intention, I would have posted this thread with "Wii Dominates" and made some snide remark during my initial post. I left it up to others to add their own conjecture to this thread.

You want bragging;
    Look at me. The Wii is number one.. Wii Wiiiiiiiiiiiii Wiiiiii.

<]=)

Things were no different for the 360 during its launch, nor are they different for the PS3. So why are you singling out the Wii in this case?

Your whole point is way too subjective.

<]=)

9. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

^I'm not singling out the wii. Jimmi stated (read above) and I'm telling him I don't see where they are doing anything different than the other consoles...besides the controls but the wii is the same as the others

The question here is how long will this number one spot be held...hey I have no problem with the wii..I'm very happy for nintendo but with the 3rd party crap coming out I see another GC system where only the exclusive matter(I hope not).

Don't worry I'm not here to walk on the toes of wii-fans...I'm a nintendo player too but not that big of a fan where Im blinded by it.

Bless

10. JackAxe thread starter macrumors 68000

JackAxe

3rd party and crap. That's synonymous. :)

If not for the DS, I would probably have similar doubts. But with Rockstar on board and the Wii's intial popularity, it would take quite a bit for Ninntendo to squander this console.

This is one 3rd party title I don't consider crap.

It took the DS and 360 a year before games started looking good, so I'll give the Wii at least that much time before I cast any doubt.

<]=)

11. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I wish people would do the same for the PS3 but that ain't happening. I've been saying it myself..give it time but no one wants to give the PS3 time to grow up like the 360...just down it and roll on to the new horrible thing Sony bone headed people do.

Bless

12. echeck macrumors 68000

echeck

w00t!

The 'Cube sold 34,000 units!

Long live the 'Cube!!!

;)

13. JackAxe thread starter macrumors 68000

JackAxe

I hear you. I'm personally going to buy a PS3, just waiting to do so when I finaly upgrade the TV in the front room later this year.

Here's an article about 3rd party sales on the Wii being squished by Nintendo's first party titles; *not good if this continues, but I'm hopeful.*
    http://wii.ign.com/articles/766/766513p1.html

<]=)

I gave mine to a friend, so he could trade it in for a Wii. :( Mine was all black. I still have my 3 cube controllers though. :)