"Good night, and good luck."

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Sep 24, 2005.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Anybody planning on seeing the upcoming movie "Good Night and Good Luck"?

Looks like it'll make a nice little analogy to the atmosphere in the country right now. (Notice David Strathairn's line, "We're gonna go with the story...because the terror's right here in this room.")

For the unfamiliar, I think it'll make a great introduction to Edward R. Murrow. Like Jon Stewart on a recent Daily Show, I think it's unfortunate that you can mention the man's name and few people know who he was.

On the other hand, it seems that the movie's being distributed as an "art" film, which means it will be seen by a relatively small audience. If that's the case, it's a shame...because we need more people to understand the kind of bullying and propaganda that McCarthy (and by extension, Bush, Rove, and the right wing hate media) represented.

Take a friend. McCarthy-vs.-Murrow is a great story. I've no doubt it'll make a great movie. And God knows, somebody just might learn something.

2. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

As a Gay-American, it gives me hope that Bush and his"faithful" will end up being the the next McCarthy's. I amy not live to see it, but in my grave I will rejoice.

3. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

The people that need to see this, will probably not. Most of it will be preaching to the converted. But I hear it's a good movie, and Clooney is a nice enough fella.

4. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

And they will make excuses for the right wing of the time, while not seeing themselves in the greater picture. The neo-cons of today are my parents McCarthy of so many years ago.