good old days

Discussion in 'Community' started by macaddict123k, May 13, 2002.

1. macrumors member

does any one, probobly jefhatfield, arn, blakespot, remember when macrumors was first created. how slpooy it was. i have watched it grow and it is amazing how much it has evolved. also why has arn taken so much control, what happened to blakespot and macrumors

2. arn
    macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

Re: good old days

"Macrumors" is simply a script... so it never really existed... Blakespot still hangs around and helps out when he can.

otherwise, it's mostly been me otherwise...

And, the site has steadily improved... but I've got a busy schedule outside of macrumors so I can't do everything I would necessatily want... trying to clean it up some more though.

arn

3. thread starter macrumors member

evildead, mnkeybsness, kela, john 123, mischief what happened to the good old days. nower days some of the higher posters arent what the old guys used to be

4. macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

just wondering, why is your signature 14 lines long? you don't find that, perhaps, a bit excessive?

pnw

5. thread starter macrumors member

i was looking at an old thread and it was when eyelikeart was just a junior member and he was trying to become a regular member.jeezzz that was alot of posts back

6. macrumors 65816

cleo

Is the irony totally lost on you? You're complaining about low-quality posts, and yet you're going around tonight repeatedly posting "."??? WTF. I don't like you very much.

7. macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Cleo!!!! Was wondering how long it would take for you to get in on this. ;)

Quite frankly I agree. The good old days are still today. The site is growing and everyone here generally posts with intelligence and mature subject matter. All in all, I have been coming here since the site started, but was stuck on a PC, so I did not think it was fair for me to post. Now, though, I am backtothemac :cool: :cool:

8. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Flame War Nostalgia? Sorry, not worth it. The site has totally changed since the days of john 123, etc. Sparkleytone resurrected a thread from way back, all the regulars were there, even Spikey, very educational read. The 'community' at that time was a bunch of MacRumors veterans running roughshod over zealots and even themselves. It was entertaining, great banter, but todays forums have much more depth, and a much greater community. Don't miss it at all.

9. Retired

jefhatfield

old days...flame wars and rumors and too few members...i was mostly a lurker then in 2000

10. macrumors 603

I am rather new here, registered in march i think, and been lurking since... late last year? my memory's not too good these days... but i can say that the place has come more alive in the short while i've been here. it seems to continue to get better, as the good posters stay and the bad ones eventually go away... point is, i can't imagine MR being better than it is now.

tho i do miss evildead's posts, they seem to have become less & less frequent... or maybe we just hang out in different threads :)

pnw

11. Retired

jefhatfield

i miss evildead and i used to be scared of his name...seriously...he he

12. macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

I used to visit and then I came out of the shaddows and became a poster, I can't really remember my first visit :)

Ensign

13. macrumors 68020

Beej

Cleo, you rule. I think I love you.

J/k, but damn you are funny!

--

I don't think he'd be happy to hear you say that! He he he... :D

--

Yeah, there are a lot less flamewars here at MR than there used to be. Kind of a good thing, kind of a less good thing. Flamewars are fun! I guess we all just take it out on each other in pie-wars now. Heh heh...

14. macrumors 601

krossfyter

yeah evildead is the only cool evil dead kinda guy i know of.:D

15. macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

The Old Days

I can remember the good old days with the funny icons for each subject, and the forums that were in thier infancy. Man times have changed.

16. macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

I wonder if I were to stop visiting for a year how much it would have changed by the time I came back :)

I don't think I will be doing that anytime soon :)

Ensign

17. macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Beej, that was paul that made the comment about mymemory, not me :p

I really do prefer the forums today than they were in their infancy. They were rather infant for a while in both age, and attitude.

But I do agree, flamewars are fun are they not?

18. macrumors 68020

Beej

Heh. Crap. Oops. Sorry.

My memory's going.

Ha. I've already used that joke.

OK, I'll stop now.

We should start a flamewar thread, just so everyone can remember the good old days like they used to be...

19. macrumors 65816

cleo

::takes a bow::

In line with the current nostalgia for flamewars, I was trying to provoke that kid last night, but seems as if he got in over his head and ran away. Too bad. :D

20. macrumors 601

Backtothemac

LOL, That would be a blast, expecially if Arn would let it stay open. There were a couple last night that were close. They were about quartz extreme. Hemingray, Jeff and I were involved, but it never really went anywhere.

I am sure there will be one after the meeting today in Cuppertino though.
    :D

21. Retired

jefhatfield

macs and iq v.2

i was searching out some more iq goodies on the nett...i is a teacher and me wife makes stadardised tests

did you know andy warhol scored 60 on his iq test?

he has one of the lowest iq scores recorded and still a bona fide genius

marilyn vos savant scored a 218 out of a 220...anything over 200 is still impossible to measure so her smarts over 200 is just speculation

and she does not possess a college degree!

22. Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

damn....I remember that.... :rolleyes:

I didn't really become active here until sometime 9 months after I registered...

but the good old days are now gone....and it's time to look to the future... :D

23. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Re: macs and iq v.2

Whoa, where did this come from? Did the thread just turn into a stream of consciousness.....

24. Retired

jefhatfield

Re: Re: macs and iq v.2

oops..he he

it was supposed to be a new thread here:p

25. macrumors 603

Re: macs and iq v.2

yeah, warhol's a genius 'cause he can pee on a canvas.

hehe

Marilyn does kick ass, i miss getting the Parade 'cause i love reading her column. Very clever woman... and there are so few of those...

*hides* well you wanted a flame war!

:)
    pnw