Good OS X 'Beginners' Book

Discussion in 'macOS' started by SMM, Jan 27, 2007.

1. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

Howdy,

I am looking for recommendations for a book, targeted at an audience of people new to OSX (Tiger preferred). I have two different groups the book is for.

I have introduced Mini's into my company. It started about a year ago. It has been very successful. However, most of the users are actually running Citrix, which is a Windows Terminal Client shell. They are remote users, and this is how they run their applications, regardless of the workstation/Thin-Client they are using.

Now we are going to begin using Mini's as true clients. So, the users need to learn OSX basics. Thus, I need reference material and a training manual for them.

The 2nd group are friends and family members who I have switched over the past two years. They can do the basic things, but almost all of them are interested in learning their Macs a lot better.

I would appreciate any referrals. I can go to a book store and research this on my own if necessary. But, I expect some out there has already discovered something they can recommend.

Thanks

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

OS X: The Missing Manual by David Pogue is very good value... possibly better for the second group than the first but is definitely worth a look anyway.

3. islandmonusvi macrumors newbie

islandmonusvi

Agree whole heartedly ... this was a godsend when I was first getting started with OSX ... also numerous resource listing included.

4. SMM thread starter macrumors 65816

SMM

Thank you and Bluevelvet. This is just what I was looking for. ;)