Good Personal Finance Software?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by skp574, Mar 4, 2005.

1. skp574 macrumors 6502

I am looking for a good personal finance program. There are loads listed in Made4Mac on Apple's website, but they all look much of a muchness. I would be coming from M$ Money! I am sure that I can export files that can be imported by another program. So something that would import QIF/QFX (?) files would be good.

I don't need full on business accountancy software (ledgers, invoices, etc) just personal accounting. Don't need tax software as my accountant does that! :D. I would really like reconciliation (cross check bank statement against entries). Graphs and pie charts are not necessary, just a good stable app. Recuring bills/payments is also a requirement.

If anyone has used Money before, you know what I mean, but I don't need all the window dressing:

"You have over budgeted your cash withdrawels this month...." Bog off don't tell me how to spend my money you damn computer!

Any recommendations would be greatly received.

2. hcuar macrumors 65816

hcuar

3. skp574 thread starter macrumors 6502

Na, already tried that one.

Intuit have decided to discontinue the software in the UK.

That was my first port of call. Have a look at www.quicken.co.uk for more info.

When I was looking at the supplied software with either my PB or iMac I could have sworn it came with Quicken. I guess this is the reason why it doesn't for those in the UK.

4. skp574 thread starter macrumors 6502

Sorry to quote myself, but this should read:

"You have over budgeted your spending in the Apple Store this YEAR..."

5. hcuar macrumors 65816

hcuar

PB's come with Quickbooks. iMacs come with Quicken.

6. Kato C. macrumors member

7. skp574 thread starter macrumors 6502

Not on my iMac, I have gone through the hard disc and CDs and nothing. I'll have to look at the PB CDs. Again nothing installed on the hard disc.

There is nothing on Apple's website (in the UK) that says this software is supplied now. I am sure I saw it before buying them though.