good phone?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by mmmdreg, Nov 26, 2002.

1. macrumors 65816

Apr 14, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    I'm looking around for a good mobile phone..I dunno if they're called that in the US or anything but you get the drift...price isn't an issue in this case..what do you recommend? I was looking at the sony ericsson t68i
  2. macrumors 601

Jan 23, 2002
    East Coast
    I've always gone for Motorola phones. I'm assuming that Australia is using a GSM system. The V66 is a nice compact phone that should run on GSM. The V70 is a flashy phone that will get you lots of looks.

But if you want to sync your phone with your Mac, I think the Sony/Ericcson phones are the only game in town. The T68i looks like a pretty cool phone, but I haven't seen one in use.

BTW, in the US, they're mainly called cell phones. Mobile phones works as well. So does "celly".
  3. macrumors 6502

Oct 28, 2002
    Mobile Phone....

Since price isn't an issue... I'd definitely go with a half-ton truck and one of those completely cool Dr. Who red phonebooths. It's a phone and it's mobile.

Or you could support Apple's Channel partner - Motorola! I'm sure others will have some excellent suggestions as well... keep your eyes peeled here.

Disclaimer: Brain damage resulting from use of cellular devices is neither the responsbility of the commentator here nor his intention in recommending Apple Channel partner cellular products.

4. macrumors 6502a

Dec 15, 2001
    Check out the Handspring Treo's

A palm and a phone in one, and it Syncs with iSync (through Palm Desktop)
  5. macrumors 6502a

Nov 22, 2002
    i suggest a (any) nokia.

i got my first gsm in 1995. for one year i had a motorola - and that was it. since that nokias only... so now i have my 3rd nokia and 4th mobile in total.

they resist falling to floor well.
    big screens.

not THAT nokia addicted that i am to macs but .. even the next will have to be a nokia.. ;)