Good photo-displaying dashboard widget?

Discussion in 'OS X' started by johnnyjibbs, Sep 17, 2005.

1. macrumors 68030

johnnyjibbs

Hey, does anyone know a good dashboard widget for simply displaying a picture or photo. I want to see my girlfriend at the touch of the F12 key!

A quick search on the Apple downloads website didn't reveal anything...

Cheers.. :)

2. macrumors regular

3. thread starter macrumors 68030

johnnyjibbs

4. macrumors regular

5. macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    There's another one called Photo which you can set to choose from an iPhoto library so you get a different pic of your girlfriend each time.

6. thread starter macrumors 68030

johnnyjibbs

7. macrumors 6502a

one widget that i use is called "desk photo". it has 3 themes, and it works great for me.

8. macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Just make a photo album of all your gf's photos in iPhoto and set your desktop to use photos from that album for the background wallpaper. You can make it pick a photo randomly from that album every 5 minutes so that your desktop photo changes often.

9. thread starter macrumors 68030

johnnyjibbs

Thanks for the replies. I am aware of the lovely rotating desktop feature of Mac OS X. I use it already, although I prefer to put landscape shots as my background picture as portraits are too much of a distraction! (And often dark in colour).

10. macrumors newbie

Widgets not working in OSX 10.8.2 Mountain Lion?

Lovely widgets but I couldn't figure out why they weren't responding to the images I was dropping on them.

If anyone else encounters this problem I found opening the image in the browser first then dragging it from there gets these widgets behaving the way they should.

I also found modernmoments to be the best one!

11. macrumors 68030

Dave Braine

A 7 year old thread bought back to life. That must be something of a record. :D

12. macrumors 6502a

jacg

And now Safari can't help?

Since all the image viewing stopped working in Dashboard a few OSes ago, I've been using Safari to 'Open in Dashboard' screenshots that I wanted to have quick access to, no matter what Desktop I was viewing. Worked great, until I tried to update some today.

In OS 10.10.2 the images are centred in Safari and when I crop them (which still works automatically) and select Open in Dashboard they open up incorrectly cropped, usually only getting a corner if I am lucky!

Any ideas?

----------

Thanks for this solution to getting the widgets working again, if not fixing Safari!