Good PS2 RPG or Adventure

Discussion in 'Games' started by phill1234, Jun 27, 2006.

1. phill1234 macrumors member

phill1234

I'm looking for a RPG or Adventure game. Getting preety bored these days tough that i gave video game another try. I was thinking of Kingdoms Heart but didn't know wich one to try. Thanks

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

3. Torajima macrumors regular

If you haven't played it, Final Fantasy X is a surprisingly good game.

If you want something a little newer, I'd recommend Shining Force Neo. It's an action-rpg, kind of like Secret of Mana on steroids... knocking down 100 enemies at once always brings a huge smile to my face! :D

4. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

Can you name a RPG you really liked? We could try finding you something similar.

5. DougTheImpaler macrumors 6502a

Do you like strategy mixed with your RPG? A little RPG mixed with your strategy game? If so run run run out to wherever you have to and buy Disgaea: Hour of Darkness and La Pucelle: Tactics. You can thank me later.

OTOH, if you like some adventure in your RPG, you can also pick up Shining Force Neo. Another excellent one in my overly-humble opinion. ;)

6. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

If you want to go a little out of the beaten path, there's also the less know Wild Arms series. It's traditional easten RPG flavor mixed with comboys, guns, aliens and demons. Plus, beside the long main quest, wild arms always add tons of sidequests and secrets. Wild Arms 3 was my favorite. Like Final Fantasy games, there is no continuity between the titles, so you can play them in any order. (But be sure to play Alter Code F before Wild Arms 4. It will unlock some bonus stuff)

There are 3 Wild Arms titles for the PS2. They might be hard to find.

I also enjoyed the Atelier Iris games but my friends didn't so maybe it's not for everyone. I'm a big Nipon Ichi fan.

7. phill1234 thread starter macrumors member

phill1234

Im kinda bored of RPG like Final Fantasy or something like that. I was more looking for a Dark Cloud style of game but less repetitive.

8. Sutekidane macrumors 6502a

Sutekidane

9. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

Hmm…*in the Darkcloud category you have the recently released "Steambot Chronicles" but you might also find it repetitive. HAve a look at the reviews and see if it picks your interest. It's a very open ended game.

10. SteveRichardson macrumors regular

SteveRichardson

Yup the best RPGs for ps2 (in my opinion) are Kingdom Hearts, FFX, and Dragon Quest VIII.

Oh and if you happen to have a supernintendo you MUST try Super Mario RPG (If you haven't already). It's the best RPG ever made. Ever. No questions.

11. Agurri macrumors 6502

Agurri

I second Dragon Quest VIII .... it's old-style, good, LONG, VERY LONG RPG. My friend is doing currently doing it with the help of a walkthru, and he just hit the 40th hour of play. Amazing ...

12. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Has Rogue Galaxy got a release date yet. That looks absolutely AMAZING !!!

Old style action/movie/adventure - cant get better than Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy)