Good Reviews

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Macmaniac, May 3, 2002.

1. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

From the Wall Street Journal:
    Apples: Two of the absolute finest laptops around don't run Windows. They are Apple's PowerBook and iBook models, and they run the new Macintosh OS X operating system. The Titanium PowerBook, just revamped slightly, is a spectacular 5.3-pound model with a huge, vivid screen, up to one gigabyte of memory, and very large hard disks. It costs between $2,499 and $3,799. The smaller, consumer-oriented iBook weighs just under 5 pounds and costs between $1,199 and $1,499. It has 128 megabytes of memory and 15- or 20-gigabyte hard disks, and has an excellent 12.1-inch screen. The iBook gets over four hours of battery life. A larger iBook with a 14.1-inch screen, which weighs a pound more, goes for $1,799.
  2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Nov 1, 2001
    You have to love the free publicity! This is great and I have to agree that the Apple notebooks are on the top. But sometimes this sort of thing is less a careful evaluation of the product and more of an emotional reaction to something as cool as a TiPB. Certain other PC notebooks have better performance and options than the Apple ones. I love my TiPB and wouldn't have gone with anything else.:D
  3. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

Jan 7, 2002
    2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    gotta love it

not just for the wall street crowd but all the college students who get the free( or near free) subscriptions to the wsj.

graduations coming up and a new laptop would be soooo nice.

nice timing:)
  4. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

Jan 2, 2001
    Metairie, LA
    glad they are receiving recognition...

respect the Apple...he he he ;)