Good RtCW Mac Servers?

Discussion in 'Games' started by job, Feb 21, 2003.

1. job macrumors 68040

job

Anyone know of any Mac RtCW servers running the 1.41 patch?

I try to connect to numerous PC servers but I'm always unable to connect.

2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I had the same thing too and went back to my original version, also your location in reference to the server location(ping rate) has a lot to do with how good your gaming will be. If you did go to 1.41 which is still beta i think its a good idea to remove any preferences from a previous install. Fraughouse does pretty well for me and im on the east coast. It would be nice to see some more mac dedicated servers for this game, many times i see someone running their machine as a server but they usually cant handle many people and run smooth unless they are packing a dual g4. so you get a laggy jumpy game and that spoils it.

3. KVH macrumors newbie

I have no problem using 1.41. But I did have to start from the original version. If you were using the 1.33 beta or the PC hack, you'll have some problems. I'm usualy at FUN4Gamers, or XFSBEACH. What's your call-sign. I'm "A Mac User", or "KVH".

4. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Mine is Dont Hurt Me which was a level from the first wolfenstein 3d game.

5. ScottDodson macrumors 6502

ScottDodson

Well not totally true....
    As for mac servers, it doesn't take much on the hardware side to setup your own server. It mainly relies on the servers internet connection (upload speed). For example, our clan can run a server and can host up to 14 players with very little speed bumps. This server is run on a G4 400, but what makes it work is that it is set up on a cable connection (fast upload). Also keep in mind that this server is NON dedicated, which should further lag things up a bit. Since it's only information being sent out to the people on the servers, it's not a HUUUGE amount of data. Also to my knowledge Wolf doesn't even take advantage of dual processors.

For the second question about finding mac servers. I don't know why you are having probs finding anything that works. I'm running 1.41 and I usually hit about 750 servers. When you upgraded did you do a clean install of Wolf, then patch directly to 1.41...then use the 1.41 fix files?? That may be a problem, a clean install is highly recommended. Hope this helps.

6. ScottDodson macrumors 6502

ScottDodson

I just thought of another thing about this......

What happens when you refresh your server list?? Do you have servers listed??

If so, when you try to connect what does it tell you?? Is it a protocol problem??

7. Jaykay macrumors 6502a

Jaykay

Wasnt that a difficulty setting?

8. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Yes, thats was what i was trying to say.

9. Steradian macrumors 6502

hey don't hurt me have you played the demo for RTCW MP? I think I may have seen you before