Good site for FREE Polyphonic ringtones?

Discussion in 'Community' started by MacAztec, Dec 23, 2003.

1. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Does anyone know a good website for free polyphonic ringtones? I can't seem to find any.

2. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

3. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

4. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I just got a phone for christmas too!

I was wondering the same question, so if anybody knows that would be great :).

scem0

5. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

This is unrelated to the thread, but I don't deem my question worthy enough for its own thread so I will pose it here.

How does a WAP/XHTML browser work on a phone. I got the motorola V300 phone for christmas and I'm getting T-Zones from T-Mobile for the phone.

Can I view standard HTML webpages with my phone's browser? There is a 'connect to URL' thing, and I could type macrumors.com into it, but I don't have T-Zones yet so I don't know if it supports HTML pages.

I know you can connect to a picture URL; for example, www.apple.com/g5.jpeg; to download a picture to your phone. But my question is can I go to apple.com to see if there are any updates, etc?

And I'd still love to find a site with free ringtones... ;)

thanks,

scem0

6. MacAztec thread starter macrumors 68040

MacAztec

You can only connect to sights with a website that is made for WAP phones. You can't connect to macrumors.com (i have tried).

And I found that the best way to get ringtones (and the cheapest) is through T-Mobile. They are 99c a piece, not too bad.

7. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

i have downloaded a ton off kazaa, just standard midi files then i use bluetooth and send them on over.

iJon

8. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

A couple of my friends use this
    http://www.3gupload.com/

you select stuff online and then login to your link on your phone and get stuff. I don't have tzones so I can't use it ... i alreayd over spend on stuff/ phone I might add them later.

edit: I guess its not free either, they require a "donation", i talked to a few people and apparently they had accounts beofre donations were required.

9. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

almost free: http://www.polyphonicringtonez.com/
    all you pay for is your standard wap charge for being connected while you download the tone for free, very good if u ask me, they have a HUGE collection.

10. grabberslasher macrumors 6502

Polyphonic ringtones...

What you're looking for are MIDI files (.mid) which are all around the internet.

Try www.musicrobot.com. Then either download them on your computer and send them (via bluetooth/infra-red) or if you have a XHTML browser you can actually open the website on your phone (yes it displays HTML websites).

If you want you can use Kazaa (like iJon) or Aquisition to search for them.

Another good wap site is pravada poly (search on google [www.google.com/wml?]) - all free.