Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slipper

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 19, 2003
whats a good piece of software for a small business. something for accounts payable, invoices, receipts, etc.

devman

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2004
AU
MYOB - FirstEdge or MYOB - AccountEdge. Depends on your needs. They're more Mac-friendly than Intuit.

Edit: ah yeah, what panphage said.

jemeinc

macrumors 6502a
Feb 14, 2004
South Jersey
Ask your accountant 1st... Chances are he/she uses Quickbooks- if so, you're golden... I use Quickbooks, I can't say I love it, but it gets the job done & makes my accountant's life easier- that's really all I need...

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
AccountEdge is very good but it's very much oriented to the accounting person. I use it and it's a little intense, if you haven't had any prior experience with accounting.

Still, I'd say it's most likely way ahead of QuickBooks, especially with their multiple year absence from Mac life.

Fender2112

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2002
Charlotte, NC
As someone else said, check with your CPA and see how they feel. Chances are they use Quickbooks. If so ask yourself if you need mutiuser support. If you do need mutiuser support, Quickbocks Mac is a no go. It doesn't support multiuser. I believe one of MYOB products does support mutiluser. If your CPA does not like MYOB, find another CPA. :D

This is the beast I have to battle. We use Quickbooks on PC's so that various people have access to things. I use a Mac at home and plan to get a PowerBook in the near future. I finally managed to get my Mac and PC talking to each other. My goal is to abandon PC's all together but our CPA, who has been around for a long time insists we use Quickbooks and I don't have much say in the matter, at the moment. }:)

If your business is construction related checkout Turtle Creek Software.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.