Good source for Cables?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by TheBobcat, Jan 23, 2007.

1. TheBobcat macrumors 6502

Nov 1, 2006
    East Lansing, Michigan
    What up y'all.

Anywho, I need a 6 pin Firewire cable for the External Hard drive I have to switch over from USB. I found the cables to be quite a rip off at Best Buy and other stores, but some of the websites with cheap cables seemed a little shady.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for cable suppliers that have decent stuff reasonably well-priced (US) . Thanks!

2. CEAbiscuit macrumors 6502a

Jun 28, 2006
    The Kitchen
    Tiger Direct, believe it or not. Always get good deals, and the customer support is decent if a package gets lost.
  3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

Staff Member

Jan 20, 2005
    I've heard very good things about quality stuff at dirt cheap prices. Haven't used them myself though.
  4. notjustjay macrumors 603

Sep 19, 2003
    Canada, eh?
    Second both MonoPrice and Tiger Direct.

I've bought an HDMI cable from MonoPrice but in the end didn't end up using it (so it could be broken and I don't know) but I hear good things. I've got a shipment en route of a bunch more cables and odds and ends, I'll post back if I'm not satisfied.

But yeah, their prices are excellent, even if you have to factor in a Canadian dollar exchange rate and high shipping cost to Canada.

(Ooh, a new smiley! :apple: )
  5. mikes63737 macrumors 65816

Jul 26, 2005
    I third that! I bought 3 100' ethernet cables from them for about $25 and they're good quality.
  6. BenHoleton macrumors regular

Dec 11, 2006
    I bought 12 usb cables for $10, including shipping, off of eBay 4 yrs ago. Still using them