Good task chairs?

Discussion in 'Community' started by baummer, May 16, 2005.

1. baummer macrumors 6502a

I was wondering if anyone here can recommend a good task chair designed for long hours of sitting. I have an inflamed muscle in my neck and am looking for ways to be more comfortable in front of the computer.

Due to the nature of my work, I am forced to sit for long periods of time, although I do make it a point to get up and walk around at least for a few minutes every hour or so.

Anyhow, I'm looking for a comfortable chair that I'm assuming should be ergonomic. Any recommendations would be highly appreciated.

2. asif786 macrumors 65816

asif786

3. iGary Guest

iGary

I second that. Our office has these chairs, and it is the only chair I have ever been able to sit in for 8-12 hours at a time without getting uncomfortable. Definitely worth every penny. Once I get out of here, I am definitely getting one for the home office.

4. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Aeron, no doubt about it. I've had mine for 4.5 years and it's AWESOME. Make sure you get the lumbar support pad.

5. Nickygoat macrumors 6502a

Nickygoat

Aeron's all the way. If you look on ebay or your office furniture store you can pick them up relatively cheaply - I got mine for £300 - half what they were on ebay.