good time to buy a mini

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by GrannySmith_G5, Dec 16, 2006.

1. GrannySmith_G5 macrumors 6502

Thinking out loud here.

I wonder if the mini will be updated soon. The Apple site has plenty of examples of using the mini as an entertainment center. Since they obviously aknowledge what many users are using them for, I wonder if the next update will have new entertainment center features/ports.

I want to buy one for the tele but have this odd fealing the mini will be receiving some updates in this area and would hate to buy now if that was the case. Damn I'm hungry.

2. tjwett macrumors 68000

tjwett

i'd hold off for now. iTV (or whatever they decide to call it) is just around the corner and i think this device will fit into the living room much nicer. it happens to be the same form factor as the mini though so i think they will complement each other quite nicely. i thought of putting my mini in the living room but i just can't envision myself doing anything productive from the couch. the iTV thing though, sounds real nice and a Front Row interface is great on a TV.

3. CaptainCaveMann macrumors 68000

CaptainCaveMann

Now is definately not a good time to buy a mini. It will be updated within the next couple months. I know this because i am psychic. :p

4. GrannySmith_G5 thread starter macrumors 6502

The itv seems like it might be decent, but I figure I can do the same with a mini, (front row) plus I'd get an intel mac and could play my emulator games on the tv. I could control through vnc from my ibook for other tasks as well. Maybe a MWSF update?