Good time to buy an ipod?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by jeff_siler, Jun 2, 2005.

1. jeff_siler macrumors 6502

My mom wants to buy me a cool gadget for my college gradation gift. After looking into the PSP, i don't want to touch em after all of the dead pixel problems I have heard about.

I would like to finally get an ipod. Is this week a good time to get one, or am I better off waiting a couple for wwdc info to come out?

thanks so much.

jeff

2. macbaseball macrumors 6502a

macbaseball

You would be an idiot to buy one right before a big conference. I would just wait a week and then buy one next weekend.

3. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Wait till after WWDC, iPod updates are very possible. Still, I would not call you an "idiot" if you bought one now, but waiting till after WWDC would be the smart choice. Sure, the current iPods are freakin awesome ( I own one, I know), but the updated ones will be even more so.

4. macbaseball macrumors 6502a

macbaseball

Why not? :D. There have been some rumors of new iPods, with some great new technologies. I know they seem far away, but they have to rlease them sometime. Why would you buy an iPod three days before there's a chance of new ones coming out. If you bought it online, you might not even get it before the new ones came out...

5. paperinacup macrumors 6502

Well considering they have a warehouse full of iPods and sales have slowed its kind of hard to predict what Apple is going to do in this situation. Its about time for the 20gb to go but they need to clear out the stock first.

6. njmac macrumors 68000

njmac

Let's hope (for those about to buy) that Apple wants to get rid of that inventory and prices them right. Still, wouldn't kill you to wait a few days (IMHO) ;)

7. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

It's tough to say. On the one hand, there have been some iPod rumors floating around, and they could be due for an update, however on the other hand, iPod stock levels are very high right now, and sales are slowing - I'm not sure if Apple would want to introduce a new model and essentially take a huge write-down on the "old" iPod stock.

Regardless, it is only a few days before WWDC, so you might as well wait until then. :cool: