Good time to trade in on my 3G iPod?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Howtobefreaky, Sep 14, 2004.

1. Howtobefreaky macrumors newbie

Hey everone, I've been wanting to trade in my 3G iPod for a 4G for a while now, and I think it may be the best time for it, but I can't just trade it in for money and pay the difference. I have the Best Buy PSP, and when I bought my iPod (which was preowned), the headphone jack would crackle when it's charged. It didn't bother me much then, and it still doesn't, but I've always thought that that could be my way to get a upgrade. Well now I've waited a couple months for the 3G iPods to clear out from Best Buy, and I just want your opinion if you think I should wait a little more, or if I should go for it.

So basically my question is: Do you think that most Best Buys have cleared out their stock of 3G iPods?

2. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

it depends on the store. If you are in the big city, then they are probably out, I would guess. But I would check if I were in a smaller location.

3. FuzzyBallz macrumors 6502a

FuzzyBallz

Well, you can always call up your local BB if you don't feel like moving your ass and check out the stock in person.

4. hcuar macrumors 65816

hcuar

Oh please! He paid for the PSP. There is nothing unethical about him wanting to get the 4G. That's one of the bonuses the BB minions advertise when they sell you the PSP... If we don't have one exactly like the one you bought, we will give you the equivalent new product. I say more power to anyone who actually benefits from a PSP... I know I never have.

5. jackieonasses macrumors 6502a

jackieonasses

i agree with this man...

it would only be unethical IF he dropped it ON PURPOSE not if he already had the defect.

6. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

That wouldn't be nearly as bad as Best Buy selling the PSP and then not honouring it. Remember when that made news?

His choice may seem bad but it's not terrible since he bought the plan already. They gamble on people not using the plan at all. If some people use it to a point, they won't really notice and certainly wouldn't have to raise the price on it.

7. Manzana macrumors 6502a

Manzana

how in the world is this possible if his iPod is defective? you need to chill out buddy.