Good Valentine Day gift...

Discussion in 'Community' started by Eevee, Feb 7, 2005.

1. Eevee macrumors 6502a

Eevee

Was really depressed when reading the post about those who do not have a gift for valentines day, or those who are single (nothing wrong being single).

But for those who do have significant others and have bought them something, what is a good V day present? Besides iPod, any other mac stuffs? I already got my wife the iPod last summer. How about non-mac stuffs?

I will appreciate anything...=)

2. amoses macrumors newbie

3. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

Now I feel bad beacuse I brought everybody down lol. let me see what I can do then.

What I usually give for valentines is a big box of chocolates in a transparent box with red and blue ballons on top sent to her work place.

A surprise like that is what a girl like the most, to show up at her work place she has a bf or some oen that love her :D

4. Leareth macrumors 68000

Leareth

Mac:
    "engraved" ipod
    laptop
    nice carrying case for laptop
    custom skins for ipod or laptop (www.macskinz.com)
    .mac package

Non-mac:
    Spa package is always nice...
    or if you are any good at it , personalized coupons for massage and pampering from you for her anytime she wants... : )
    Depending on how long you guys are together: a engraved silver or pewter rose , lasts for ever...
    Diamond pendant is always good
    his and hers portraits are good too
    weekend getaway is very nice too
    A really good sappy novel if she reads them or a good reference book

5. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

You'll all do best if you know the recipient's taste. If gifts were one-gift-fits-all, there wouldn't be much special about it, despite what the chocolate candy companies tell you.

I'm taking my wife on a surprise trip to a museum exhibit she wants to see. She mentioned it a few times and I just said "uh huh" like I wasn't paying that much attention. She'll be surprised and she'll like it, even though she won't have a wrapped box to open. Or maybe I'll wrap an invitation in a box and give it to her as I hand her her sweater to leave the house. (Unless she sees this post; then it's all ruined.)

Anything you do that's personal is likely to be more of a hit. For example, instead of buying a CD at the store, buy her (him) selected iTMS music for her (his) computer so she (he) can have a playlist or burn a CD of "your special songs".

6. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

We had lunch at Charley's after Church on Sunday. On the table they had a placard listing there special offering for Valentine's Day. Can't remember the offerings for the meal, except that it isn't on the normal menu. My wife has already said that she wants to go there for dinner. It will help her since she will be working in the office that day, instead of visiting patients. It means that she will have to get up at 5:30am and not finish till 4:30 - 5pm.

7. h0e0h macrumors 6502a

h0e0h

i bought the misses a full body massage and one for her mother as well (who's birthday is on Valentine's day) so they can enjoy that together...

8. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    i think its best to really personalize the gift and see what your special someone realy likes rather than getting something generic.

9. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

For the outcome of my surprise, see my post here.

10. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

It sounds as though an awesome time was had by all. I'm jealous, being a medical person exhibit would have been a fabulous time. Congratulations, was she pleased and enjoyed herself?

11. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Not only did my wife have a good time, but I made the guy at the membership desk laugh. I told him I was glad this exhibit was running, because last year I had to take my wife to a police crime scene to see a dead body for Valentine's Day. Tasteless humor isn't usually my style, but I couldn't resist, and he was probably bored from answering the same questions over and over, so he deserved a laugh.

12. Giaguara macrumors 6502a

i got a pack on monday, ie valentines.. had 1 lb of jellybeans, a sony ericsson p800 (hey what else wh=ould he have got me, i have already got as gifts a newton 2000 (i dig newtons thatswhy), an ipod mini, isight, ipod shuffle..) .. i sent 1 lb of real dark and yummy chocolate. and will get something else once he is here :)

13. chanoc macrumors 6502

chanoc

A condum, oh course! ;)