good website for sample javascripts/examples...

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by mac000, Oct 9, 2006.

1. mac000 macrumors 6502a

Sep 6, 2005
    I am new to using eclipse, but i have to use it for my intro to programming class.

Currently, i have an assignment to create a pumpkin that changes a shade of orange each time you run the program actually an applet.

Can someone provide a good website with java script/code examples to help a student out here?? thanks
  2. mufflon macrumors 6502

Sep 15, 2006
    well it depends on your level of proficiency, if you have just begun studying then I can't stress the fact that you should try to use the course related material as much as possible - you can easily get way deep real quick without even noticing it - whereas the material the course supplies is really a lot more basic and supplied for your benefit.

However if you're proficient with java then you'll prolly already run across the java help over at sun - great stuff.

If the course material is inadequate then please share what's your greatest issues and we'll try to help instead - stuff on the internet is usually very varied.
  3. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Nov 1, 2001
    Aren't Java and javascript two completely different things?

4. MrSmith macrumors 68040

Nov 27, 2003
    I think the OP made a typo, is all. The title should have been two words: Java scripts, not Javascripts.
  5. Kunimodi macrumors member

Sep 8, 2006
    Ashland, OR, USA
    There are many tutorials out there (including those from Sun -- although they are often not very in depth), but for pure examples this is one of the better sites: