good website for sample javascripts/examples...

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by mac000, Oct 9, 2006.

1. mac000 macrumors 6502a

I am new to using eclipse, but i have to use it for my intro to programming class.

Currently, i have an assignment to create a pumpkin that changes a shade of orange each time you run the program actually an applet.

Can someone provide a good website with java script/code examples to help a student out here?? thanks

2. mufflon macrumors 6502

well it depends on your level of proficiency, if you have just begun studying then I can't stress the fact that you should try to use the course related material as much as possible - you can easily get way deep real quick without even noticing it - whereas the material the course supplies is really a lot more basic and supplied for your benefit.

However if you're proficient with java then you'll prolly already run across the java help over at sun - great stuff.

If the course material is inadequate then please share what's your greatest issues and we'll try to help instead - stuff on the internet is usually very varied.

3. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Aren't Java and javascript two completely different things?

D

4. MrSmith macrumors 68040

MrSmith

I think the OP made a typo, is all. The title should have been two words: Java scripts, not Javascripts.

5. Kunimodi macrumors member

There are many tutorials out there (including those from Sun -- although they are often not very in depth), but for pure examples this is one of the better sites:
    http://javaalmanac.com/