Good???

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by zap2, Jul 15, 2005.

1. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Im looking into an external hard drive, a small one, same size as my iPod, becuz i want something to put stuff on incase my computer dies( all my music)

im looking at this http://www.flash-memory-store.com/20hiusbmohad.html

20gb only USB( its like 30$ to have it USB and FireWire) and i comes with a 128 mb memory stick to go with my 256 mb, it seems like a good deal, for what i want/need. Is it? is the some plot that makes it bad? Cuz im also lookng at a plain dock for my new iPod or RAM for my brother on is iMac G4 1.25ghz 256mb runnin tiger and i know ram would help it alot( if you know any good place online for RAM, tell me, i know of crucail, thanks) SO WANT YOU FOR THE US ARMY, joking , i want you to help me choice, wha you guys and girls think?
    Thank

2. sw1tcher macrumors 65816

sw1tcher

Best deal I've seen so far for an external HDD the size of an iPod is the Western Digital 40GB Passport. Walmart has it for $99.92; USB only as well.

3. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

4. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

5. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

I saw SmartDisk drives at the Apple store (40GB, 60GB, and 80GB models). The spindle speed is 4200 rmp so it is not that fast. LaCie has a 100 GB USB/Firewire mobile external HD (very compact size with out an AC adaport). It's on a pricy side; but, it looks good and I am waiting for the shipping date from a web merchant I just placed an order.

6. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Yeah, that's reasonable for an assembled drive and enclosure. You might want to take a second look at those dimensions, though. Enclosures like that are easy to carry around, but they are quite a bit larger than an iPod.

7. zap2 thread starter macrumors 604

zap2

i meant iPod GB= to HD GB, thanks for all the help guys, im getting that HD and some ram for my Bro's iMac G4

8. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Glad to be of service zap2.