Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Powerbook G5 said:
It's a bit crazy, I've never had spam on my .Mac account and I have never hit close to the 15 meg limit as far as I know. Do they send you a warning if you are close to it? Either way, it seems like this free GB account will end up biting someone in the ass at some point considering the costs of this sort of thing.

Very few are going to use a GB of storage, it's more a marketing gimmick. They will limit the size of attachments that can be uploaded so it is not abused as a free storage area.

arsbanned

macrumors newbie
Mar 23, 2004
Maine, U.S.
rdowns said:
Very few are going to use a GB of storage, it's more a marketing gimmick. They will limit the size of attachments that can be uploaded so it is not abused as a free storage area.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. I'm on the list anyway. The beta is actually up, you just can't make an account yet. They kindly offered to put me on their spam... er mailing list though to let me know when I can create an account.
Competition is good! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.