Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Donka

macrumors 68030
May 3, 2011
Scotland
Found something weird with GoodPlayer. I have some MKV files that I had converted with Handbrake. Video plays back fine but no audio. Problem is these files have MP3 lame audio @ 128kbs so I would expect these to play back okay. Any thoughts why not?

hustmobile

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2010
GoodPlayer 1.0 for Android(it is free) is released on Google Play, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hustmobile.goodplayer
Online help site: http://www.hustmobile.com/goodplayer-android/

----------

Please share some sample files to us, so we can check it. Thanks.

Found something weird with GoodPlayer. I have some MKV files that I had converted with Handbrake. Video plays back fine but no audio. Problem is these files have MP3 lame audio @ 128kbs so I would expect these to play back okay. Any thoughts why not?

hustmobile

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2010
GoodPlayer 6.6 released,

What's New in Version 6.6

1 SMB/CIFS client supports "Delete" and "Rename" operations now
2 Power usage improved

What's New in Version 6.5

NFS(Network File System) client added for both streaming and downloading.
Please note that NFS server side must allow regular (non-root) users
to connect to your NFS shared folders!!!
So far, we only tested NFS client with OS X NFS server.
NFS server setting for OS X: edit the
"/System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.nfsd.plist" file. Open it and
add the option "-N" to the startup parameters.
For the details, please check FAQ #50 of
http://www.hustmobile.com/goodplayer/index.html

macuser777

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2013
Virginia
MKV playback @ IPAD2

Hye!!

I searched many forums and reviews. Finally ended up in knowing that IPAD 2 cant play the MKV files. Unless converted to required format. Really stunning isn't it?:D

hustmobile

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2010
What's New in Version 7.2

1 SMB downloading issue fixed

What's New in Version 7.1

1 Fix some iOS 7 bugs
What's New in Version 7.0

1 Fix the playback issue for the media without audio

What's New in Version 6.9

1 Add a warning message when the audio codec is not supported, "Due to patent reasons, AC-3/DTS audio is not supported."
2 Fix a Hardware Decoding playback issue

What's New in Version 6.8

1 FTP and SMB clients add a new optional "Alias" field
2 Added a new setting: GoodPlayer --> Settings -->Others --> "Main Window Sorting" to set the order of "Shared Servers" and "Local Files" on main window
3 Added a new setting: GoodPlayer --> Settings -->Others --> "Playable Files Only" for SMB/WebDAV/FTP/SFTP/NFS client

What's New in Version 6.7

1 "Swipe to delete" feature added in SMB/CIFS client
2 FTP streaming bug fixed

Picklegnome

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2013
Can't connect to servers

Hi,

I'm using the latest versions of iOS and GoodPlayer, and I can't connect to a server with either FTP or SFTP. In the case of FTP, I receive a "Stream open error" and in the case of SFTP I receive a "Warning connecting error" popup.

Your help would be appreciated!

Perplexer

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2011
I am having network problems as well since version 7.8. The contents of SMB shared folders do not list so I can't watch my movies by streaming them anymore. Both GoodPlayer and PowerPlayer have this issue since the last update which made some changes to the SMB function. No reply from the support yet. Pretty frustrating.

hustmobile

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2010
In the coming 8.7 version, AFP will be supported.

GoodPlayer 8.6 update log
SMB device auto-discovery improved, now more SMB servers can be discovered automatically

GoodPlayer 8.5 update log

1 RTMP support added
2 SFTP support improved

GoodPlayer 8.4 update log

1. New Bookmark feature added, during the playback, click the blue star icon to add a bookmark, then click the information button —> Bookmark to select the bookmark
2. Bug fixes

GoodPlayer 8.3 update log
Fix the audio support issue

GoodPlayer 8.2 update log
Dropbox supported, “Network icon”—> “Dropbox”

GoodPlayer 8.1 update log

iOS 7 support improved

GoodPlayer 8.0 update log
1. SkyDrive supported, both downloading and streaming, “network icon”—> “SkyDrive”
2. Google Drive and Box supported, downloading feature only, “network icon”—> “Google Drive”or “Box”

GoodPlayer 7.9 update log

1. Fix the SMB connection issue

GoodPlayer 7.8 update log
1. SMB/CIFS client supports OS X 10.9 Mavericks

GoodPlayer 7.7 update log
1. Shuffle support improved
2. "Open in" support improved

GoodPlayer 7.6 update log
1 Subtitle support improved
2 "Open in" support improved

GoodPlayer 7.5 update log
1 SMB/CIFS client improved
2 Color Scheme support improved

GoodPlayer 7.4 update log
iOS 7 support improved

GoodPlayer 7.3 update log
1 UI issue fixed

match14

macrumors regular
May 1, 2014
Hi hope you can help me, I am interested in this app but had a few questions about it. I have a Panasonic Bluray/HDD recorder model DMR-BTW720, which is DLNA compliant. Would I be able to view recordings made on this via goodplayer? Also I would be using an iPad 4 with the lighting to digital av adaptor with HDMI socket and playing back via my tv, would good player display on my tv at full screen corner to corner?

Many Thanks

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
Also I would be using an iPad 4 with the lighting to digital av adaptor with HDMI socket and playing back via my tv, would good player display on my tv at full screen corner to corner?

Just tested it on mine (iPad 4 running on 7.0.6 + latest GP + Lightning connector). GP doesn't seem to make full use of the screen, not even if you enable overscan mode on the TV set and not even if you play back video playable in hardware. (I've talked a lot about what overscan is and how it should be enabled on some TV's HERE.) Of course, hardware playback was enabled (as default).

However, "only" the outermost about 5% of the screen was un-utilized, unlike with plain mirroring. If you do enable overscan on your TV set, you won't notice much of a black border either.

I've tested the latest VLC and nPlayer in exactly the same setup. They both produced full-screen output with HW-decodable files, unlike GP. That is, if you find the black border of GP annoying, give a try to these players.

match14

macrumors regular
May 1, 2014
I tried VLC it could see the Panasonic HDD recorder but not any recordings stored on it. Tried 8player Lite and it could see the player and play recordings and play them full screen, however on the HDD recorder itself some recordings have a marking saying playback may not be possible via DLNA due to copyright issues and sure enough 8player Lite could not play these. I wonder if some players can get round this. Panasonic's own iPad app can play these titles but of course when connected using via digital av HDMI adaptor it does not fill the TV screen, hence why I am looking at other options.

match14

macrumors regular
May 1, 2014
Does Goodplayer support DTCP-IP? Or can it support DTCP-IP in the future?

sarahzohar88

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2014
Same problem: I disturb about "folders". I can make and delete folders, but I can not figure out how to import WMV files into the folder. There are the usual Android (dragging, swiping).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.