Goodreader Skydrive access?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dokindo, Apr 6, 2010.

1. macrumors regular

Anyone get Goodreader to work with Skydrive (Microsoft's free 25gb cloud storage)?

I got the skydrive webdav addressing using this program
    http://skydrivesimpleviewer.codeplex.com/

but goodreader still can't seem to get access to the skydrive files.

seems like a lot of people are working for an elusive filesystem solution...

2. macrumors newbie

Tried and failed with Goodreader

It does not work. I tried several times to do this. I did find a very good solution though. There is an App called iSMEStorage which enables you to access both your SkyDrive and LiveMesh files from the iPhone. It enables you to download supported files for offline use and also lets you sync memos and voicemails to both SkyDrive and Live Mesh from the phone.

It works with a load of other storage providers as well, and I'm using it also with Google Docs.

3. macrumors 65816

sorry to revive such an old thread but anyone get this working?

4. macrumors 68030

fhall1

I'm sure with MS's release of the new SkyDrive features and apps, other app designers will be adding SkyDrive access to their apps soon.

5. macrumors newbie

In but not out

Can open a doc from Skydrive in the Goodreader, but cannot upload it or otherwise send it back. Therefore it gets a bit convoluted. Anyone have a solution yet?

6. macrumors 6502a

chillywilly

Would love to see Goodreader add support for SkyDrive as I am using that a lot more than Dropbox these days (25gb of usable space vs. the 9.7gb I have on Dropbox)

I used this link to email support and requested full SkyDrive support to be added.

http://support.goodreader.net/customer/portal/emails/new

7. macrumors 6502

I'm surprised it's taking this long.

8. macrumors 68000

I am too. I actually emailed them a month or two ago and asked them what the deal was. They responded something to the effect that Skydrive integration is a feature they'd love to add, suggesting somehow that maybe the issue isn't entirely on their end only. Not sure if that's actually the case or not.

9. macrumors regular

ok so this might sound a little stupid but if u open a picture using the skydrive app, can you zoom? also, how clear is the quality if the picture is like a screen shot of texts?