google adsense

Discussion in 'Community' started by davidwes, Jan 27, 2005.

1. davidwes macrumors regular

Hello. I just put google adsense on my websites front page. Its been about a week now, and with 15 or so clickthroughs the total money made is ZERO.
    I contacted google and they said they don't pay for clickthroughs they feel are fake. Now, the first two or three were just me checking to see what the links were to, etc. But how do they decide if someone who clicks on it is "really" interested in that company's link?
    Thanks,
    David

2. cheekyspanky macrumors 6502a

cheekyspanky

"Prohibited/Fraudulent Clicks

Any method that artificially and/or fraudulently generates clicks is strictly prohibited. These prohibited methods include but are not limited to: repeated manual clicks, incentives to click, using robots, automated clicking tools, or other deceptive software. Please note that clicking on your own ads for any reason is prohibited, to avoid potential inflation of advertiser costs."

https://www.google.com/adsense/policies

If they're picking you up for false clicks then its likely the same person has been clicking your ad's in a way that seems abnormal. Just think of all the statistical data Google gets from it's adverts and click through rates etc - it must be pretty easy to pick up suspicious clicks.

Although after all that, it could well be one person who is particularly interested in the adverts Google was showing on your site - and as a result appearing statistically abnormal.

3. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

If I ever *have* to click on my own ads (just once each, of course :) ) I make sure to do it on a different computer with a different IP address from when I logged into my AdSense account. And it couldn't hurt to dwell on each site for like 10 seconds or so, not just click on the ads one after another.

4. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

From an advertiser's perspective, Google is great. I get emails all the time with credits for bad clicks to my ads.