Google and the Path to Enlightenment

Discussion in 'Community' started by boskie, Apr 5, 2003.

1. boskie macrumors regular

Ok, i know this is a really pointless thread, but its late at work (4.20am to be precise) and i'm having to digitise 25hrs of reality tv rushes for an edit on monday. Indulge me.

After about 10hrs of this and countless mindless google searches i decide to look up my nickname BOSKIE.
    What I found:
    • Loads of polish links, which was of no surprise;
    • Tons of stuff about a baseball player named Shawn Boskie
    • This:D
    • this freaked the crappola outta me...
    www.kabalarians.com/male/boskie.htm

But then i found this, converted my name from polish to english; and it all became clear:cool:

This is scarily like me yet it was a name given to me as a prank when i was about 6 years old!

Am I alone, or are there any others out there with nicknames which lead to enlightenment:cool: :D :cool:

EDIT: I'm still going:

Edit: thanks scem0, i might be everywhere at once, but my typing is damn* right atrocious - and i've been up for about 30hrs

*it's ok, i'll allow it this once

2. Perci Mac macrumors member

Boskie = God. That's a nickname that would be hard to live up to.;)

3. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

some of your links don't work, and you need to add the list tags
    at the place you edited. :)

4. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

you should come and settle all our problems, once and for all.

5. boskie thread starter macrumors regular

My Me! This website is awesome (for someone with little or no sleep)

Ironside

Mac

LOL, I reckon Mr Jobs should of been called Mac!:D

6. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

well i don't usually even read stuff like this (and horoscopes, etc)... i know it's a generalization, but this is eerily close to me for my name too. In fact, pretty dead-on.

edit: okay, this is too creepy. i just looked up the name of a good friend of mine, and it actually matched perfectly some things she told me just today... fits her personality completely...

pnw

7. boskie thread starter macrumors regular

Paul, I Know!!!

I've tried at least 10 people family, friends, relatives, partners - past, present and future - and i've only found one that was off the mark even by a degree of doubt!

8. shakespeare macrumors 6502

I've had the same experience with that website. The thing that gets me is that the descriptions aren't very generalised at all, some of them are quite specific, and yet still very accurate. The name of the Artistic Director of a theatre where I act, for instance, turned up a description containing the phrase 'you would be happiest helping others realise their artistic potential in a public setting'.

Very odd.

9. NavyIntel007 macrumors 65816

NavyIntel007

Yeah I would always do this with girlfriends. It's weird...

Does this mean I'll have trouble peeing in the future?

10. boskie thread starter macrumors regular

nah prob means you'll either be a dribbler or have really bad waxy ears, however your only consolation is that i'll be joining you as Elliot = Adam as well:D

11. vniow macrumors G4

Okay here's mine:

12. Bengt77 macrumors 68000

Bengt77

Okay, okay; here's mine...

Haven't read it yet, just cut and pasted it over here. I will go and read it now.

13. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Your name of Winston gives you a clever mind, good business judgment, a sense of responsibility, and an appreciation of the finer things of life. You are serious-minded and not inclined to make light of things even in little ways, and in your younger years you had more mature interests than others your age. Home and family mean a great deal to you and it is natural that you should desire the security of a peaceful, settled home environment where you can enjoy the companionship of family and friends. Whatever you set out to accomplish you do your very best to complete in accordance with what you consider to be right. In the home you assume your responsibilities capably, having the self-confidence to form your own opinions and make your own decisions. Others can rely on you; once you have given your word you will do your utmost to fulfil a responsibility. However, there is a tendency to be a little too independent in your thinking and it is difficult for you to accept the help of others when you should. Due to your strong sense of responsibility, you could experience worry and mental turmoil through assuming more responsibility than you should. Friction could arise through others feeling that you were interfering with their rights and privileges, even though you are only trying to help.

It always amazes me how much of the is reality!

14. boskie thread starter macrumors regular

But what's really gonna rock ya noodles is:

Have we somehow conformed to the Kabalarian Philosophy since birth - is it predetermined.

Or,

Have our parents somehow - unknowingly - been coerced into naming us thus...

Is there some greater good/evil which predetermines who/what we are?