Google Calendar to compete with iCal

Discussion in ' News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Apr 13, 2006.

1. macrumors bot

Jul 5, 2003
  2. Administrator/Editor

Staff Member

Jan 20, 2005
    Unfortunately, it doesn't play nice with Safari yet. I tried to add US holidays to the calendar, and while it allowed me to do so, I keep getting the attached pop-up. :(

Attached Files:

3. macrumors 603

Jan 28, 2005
    American Riviera
    It looks interesting, but unfortunately Safari isn't officially supported yet. I might try the iCal integration, just to see about sending invitations out to the less fortunate among my family who don't have OS X :)

here's the direct link:

Update, it works fine with Firefox, and I can download the info from Google into iCal pretty easily.
    I like the "quick entry feature"; I typed in "lunch with group tomorrow at noon" and it put it in the right spot.

The only drawback is that it's read-only, so I can't make changes in iCal and upload them to Google. That would be a nice addition.
  4. macrumors 68000

Jan 28, 2004
    I've been looking for a good online claendar option that plays nice with iCal for a long time. They always fall short because you can only link to the calendar in iCal. I want to be able to make changes in either location and have it updated in both locations. You would think that someone would figure this out by now. If Google does it I will definitely use it full time.