Google Calendar?

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by FiremanMike, Jul 27, 2012.

1. FiremanMike, Jul 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2012

macrumors regular

I upgraded to mountain lion today, and iCal will no longer sync with my google calendar, I get an error that says

The URL https://calendar.google.com/calendar/dav/*****@gmail.com/user/ encountered HTTP error 404. Make sure the URL is correct.

My email is still working correctly, and I tried to go into iCal preferences>accounts and reenter my password, this did not help.

Has anyone else had this issue and found a way to resolve it? I use google calendar for my entire life :(

2. macrumors 6502a

Have you tried removing the account and re adding it? I just added one (never used it before) and it worked with no issues.

3. macrumors newbie

same problem here - deleting and re-adding the accounts doesn't work. Anyone?....

4. macrumors 6502

clientsiman

Mine is working fine after I readd it

5. thread starter macrumors regular

Deleting and re-adding my account worked, thanks all

6. macrumors 6502a

Please mark this as resolved.

7. thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry, I don't know how to do that..

8. macrumors newbie

not resolved for me! Tried removing and re-adding accounts twice; worked for a minute and then the same error message started popping up

9. macrumors newbie

worked for me

The delete and add worked for me. I think this error started for me after I added a calendar in iCAL, which was not on Google. I was trying to add a local (not attached to an account) calendar.

10. macrumors newbie

delete and re-add didn't work for me either.

I also tried to delete and re-add, yet it didn't solve the Error 404 message.

I notice that when I 'enable' my iCloud account (checking the box) that the Error 404 message pops up nearly right away.

Any other insight?

11. macrumors newbie

Simple fix

I had this error and simply when to System Preference -- Internet Accounts -- Google account. Then I deselected the calendar. Closed iCal. Re-selected Calendar for my Google account and it fixed the problem.