Google charges for web programs - threatens Microsoft?

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by BoyBach, Feb 22, 2007.

1. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

- BBC

Is this new software suite a real threat to Microsoft Office?

2. iGav macrumors G3

I wasn't even aware about all of this stuff... Google's just a search engine and a eye-spy-in-space to me. :)

3. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

i wasnt aware of this stuff either. i knew about gmail, and the search engine, and that's about it for me.

4. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

does this work on Macs?

Is it all Javascript?

5. yippy macrumors 68020

yippy

It works on any computer with a modern internet browser. All of google services are completely online and platform independent. I use gmail, google calender and have used the word processing and spread sheet apps. All of them work without a hitch on Macs. At the begging Safari had a few problems with them but Google has been quickly fixing those.

6. Frisco macrumors 68020

Love Google Docs and Spreadsheets, especially Google's online collaboration feature with Docs.

Google Calendar is really cool too. I made an appointment through Oulook and it automatically put the appointment on my Google Calendar. I assume because I have a gmail address. At first I was a little confused on how it got on my Google Calendar!

7. mattscott306 macrumors 68040

mattscott306

Google has alot of great stuff to offer, if you wanna see some of their really cool stuff thats in the works go to labs.google.com
    Everything there is currently in a beta test, but it's cool to see what they have coming. Also, there google checkout feature had a free 10 dollar deal a while back, but I don't know if thats still going on.

8. Frisco macrumors 68020

I really hope this can at least take away some of Microsoft's monopoly in the Office market. If anyone can do it, Google can.

I hope Google teams up with Apple and makes iWork and Google Docs very compatiable. Apple has a great presentation program Keynote, maybe they can work together to bring it online.

If you don't yet have a gmail email account sign up today, support Google; support Apple.

9. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Google to start selling business software (Google Apps)

Time.com link

10. iJawn108 macrumors 65816

iJawn108