Google Chrome doesn't recognize three-finger gesture.

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by b001ean, Aug 9, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Hello all,

I believe this problem was apparent when Lion first came out as well, but I can't seem to get the three-finger left/right swipe to work for navigating back and forward in Google Chrome.

I just checked Settings > Trackpad and none of the gestures in any of the categories involves using three-finger swipes to the left or right. I'm thinking that Chrome may just need an update, but I thought I'd get some feedback first.

2. macrumors regular

Since Apple stole 3 fingers to move through spaces in Lion, browsers and apps have switched to two finger swipes for forward backward.

3. macrumors 68030

haruhiko

You can change the settings in system preferences

4. macrumors newbie

Solved (i think)!

I think i shared your dilemma. After enabling/ disabling the "more gestures" sections of preferences, or whatever its called, I realized that the 3 finger previous/ next page in chrome has be changed to 2-finger back and forth swipes in 10.8. The thing is I (and maybe you) are not 100% used to the new "inverted layout" as if i were using the trackpad as a touch screen. So, if you want to go to the previous page on chrome use 2 fingers and swipe left to right. Hope this helps!

PS no need to change any trackpad settings in preferences.