Google Chrome not working

Discussion in 'OS X' started by LeoTheLion89, Mar 31, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

Feb 14, 2012
    After installing iDeneb V6 (10.5.8) when i open Google Chrome all i get is a message saying it cant load the poage it is like this with every website is there a certain ktext i need that i am missing within the 10.5.8 upgrade from 10.5.6?
  2. thread starter macrumors 6502

Feb 14, 2012
    as posted in another thread here is a screenshot of the issue Google Chrome worked with 10.5.6 the 10.5.8 ComboUpdate caused this issue but now i dont know how to fix it.

Attached Files:

3. macrumors newbie

Apr 29, 2012
    I was having the same error on iDeneb 10.5.8.

Check the system.log from About This Mac -> More Info -> Software ->Logs

For me, Chrome was generating this error message:
    failed to initialize sandbox: Cannot apply builtin profile `krb5kdc'

I was able to resolve the issue by installing the seatbelt.kext extension library that matches my kernel version (which is voodoo 9.8 kernel).
  4. macrumors regular

Sep 24, 2011
  5. thread starter macrumors 6502

Feb 14, 2012
    i have the seatbelt ktext installed i couldnt even install chrome without it i will check the logs and see what it is and post it on here i have not used my laptop for a month or so

yes i tried Chromium, Beta Chrome and even the 1st version of chrome for mac all the same results and uninstalling and re installing did noting even making a new user profile suggest by google did not work.

I have grown customed to Chromium as that is what i use on Linux simply because it is in the software list of Ubuntu.