Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

2 Replies

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2010
To get the app...

Use the link on your computer.
Download it on your computer and it will appear in your "Purchased" menu on your phone's App store.
You can then download it from there...
(unless you've already set the iPhone's app store to automatically download newly purchased apps ;) ).

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
Download it on your computer and it will appear in your "Purchased" menu on your phone's App store.
(unless you've already set the iPhone's app store to automatically download newly purchased apps ;) ).
Or you could sync it after downloading...

Norinion

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2010
I still get this "The app "Google+" was not installed on the iPhone "______'s iPhone" Because it is not compatible with this iPhone.

on iPhone 4; 4.2.1 redsnow jailbroke

Darth.Titan

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2007
Austin, TX
Blame Apple. The app has been awaiting approval for almost 3 weeks! Google has likely fixed the bugs in the latest iOS5 beta, but didn't want to keep waiting on Apple by submitting another version which they would have likely started the process all over again.

That is ignorance speaking. Even if Google has a debugged version built with the iOS 5 SDK, Apple is not accepting Apps built with the iOS 5 SDK yet.

Hence, no iOS 5 compatibility. It's not Apple's fault or Google's fault, it's the user's fault for expecting across the board compatibility on a beta OS.

Hogschmidt

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2011
Does anyone even have Google+ yet? All I see are the reporters and tech bloggers having it. But no one I know has it yet.

And when listening to tech podcasts, they're all under the assumption that EVERYONE has it and have gone on to talk about tips and tricks and how people use it...when it still just seems to be some exclusive club of a few high-profile people.

It sounds great, but I'm sick of everyone in the tech-news world talking about it when it seems they're the only ones that have it.

Completely agree here, when are "normal" people like us going to be able to get an account? Does anyone know when Google is planning on taking it public?

paulsalter

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2008
UK
Completely agree here, when are "normal" people like us going to be able to get an account? Does anyone know when Google is planning on taking it public?

I cant remember where I read it, or if it was just a rumour, but heard end of this month

GenesisST

macrumors 68000
Jan 23, 2006
Where I live
great, not compatible with ios 5. opening the stream crashes the app. screw you google

I too use iOS 5 (I have my own developer account, which I can't make use of properly due to extreme lack of time (2 kids)).

But if something doesn't work with iOS 5 BETA, then shame on me, not anybody else... Not Google, not Apple, heck not even Adobe Flash's fault!

voiceofreason23

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2009
Indio, CA
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_9 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E501 Safari/6533.18.5)

If someone has any google+ invites, can you send me one?
kevinrpillow@gmail.com

tablo13

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

It doesn't.

Last edited:

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
iTunes doesn't support drag-and-dropping apps, and I have sync apps turned off. I guess I can use the "Purchased" tab in App Store to get it, but now App Store on my iPod is not loading! :rolleyes:
EDIT: Doesn't appear in Purchased tab!

Google didn't realize there are these things called iPod touch and iPad.

Thus Google+ app currently not supported on your iPod.

Surely says a lot about its development team.

Mr Fusion

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2007
Patience!

Wow, I get why they would not support iPad, but iPod touch?! :rolleyes: :mad:
G+ is in its infancy, which is why its invite-only now. It will mature quickly, they'll fix the whole no iPod Touch support. Their plan for iPad right now appears to be just use the web app, that'll probably change too (or the web app will improve.)

That said I'm very happy to see G+ get such an enthusiastic response at such an early stage! A lot of my friends have either closed their Facebook accounts or never signed up because they don't care for nor trust the creator. Douchebag... :rolleyes:

Everyone knows Google's going to take over the world. Might as well pony up my personal info. now! :p

mdrevs

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

The easiest way to find the app is open the App Store, select Categories, Social Networking, the by release date.

solaris

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2004
Oslo, Norway
Two major griefs:
1. Its nowhere to be found in the Norwegian App Store
2. No iPad version

Hope to see them both nailed quickly. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.