Google Earth disk image mounting and unmounting on it's own?

Discussion in 'OS X' started by matthewscott661, Dec 2, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502

matthewscott661

I've had Google Earth installed for several months with no issue, but a couple of days ago a disk image for it has been mounting and then unmounting itself.

I didn't download any update, and I hadn't used the software for a few weeks, so I don't know where the disk image came from.

When it happens it will mount itself and open the window with the install shortcut and then it will go away after about 3 seconds. I can't find where the disk image is on my HDD and now even after I've opened Google Earth it keeps happening. It maybe does it about once an hour.

Any suggestions as to how to stop this?

2. simsaladimbamba

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

matthewscott661

That got it! Thanks. I'll be back if it relapses, but for now that should stop it.

4. macrumors newbie

Update?

I am having the same problem and I realize this was a long time ago but was wondering if this solved the problem. I started having this issue immediately after I started using Aunsoft's Final Mate to convert AVCHD files to Apple ProRes so I was also wondering if maybe you used that application.

5. macrumors newbie

Google Earth

I have been trying to download Google Earth to my MacBook. After downloading what I believe to be Google Earth for Mac, I tried to install it, but keep getting a message that says since I did not download it from the Mac Applications Store I cannot install it. But when I go to the Mac Applications Store there is no Google Earth. What can I do to get Google Earth on my Mac? Thanks.

6. simsaladimbamba

You open System Preferences > Security > General > Allow applications downloaded from: and make your choice, as it is probably set to one of the upper two of the three options.

[​IMG]

To learn more about Mac OS X: Helpful Information for Any Mac User by GGJstudios

7. macrumors newbie

Thanks.