Google Earth..............????????

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by macgeek2005, Apr 16, 2006.

1. macgeek2005 macrumors 65816

Okay, so i've downloaded Google Earth, and i've been playing around with it... but it's defiently not a live satelite that i'm seeing. I was looking at new york last night, and it was showing pictures of a sunny day.

I know that friends of mine check if they're friends are at home by looking on google earth and seeing if their car is in the driveway... so how do I do that? I wanna see a live image.

Thanks.

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

You can't...images are up to three years old.

Linkety

You'd have some pretty serious national security issues if anyone could see real-time satellite images...

3. hob macrumors 68020

hob

Your friends are lying/showing off too much/don't know what they're talking about

Sorry!

4. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Do you have a back door in to the FBI? [​IMG]

5. macaddicted macrumors regular

macaddicted

That would require have enough satellites to cover all the land area that in inhabited simultaneously. Don't know a lot about satellites, but you have to figure it would be expensive to do (and use).

6. calculus Guest

calculus

I think calling them on the speaking tube would be a tad more useful!

7. Kingsly macrumors 68040

Kingsly

Unless you have a close friend in the NRO or the are a cousin to the leader of the United Arab Emirates (only private spy satellite in the world) then this will [probably] never happen. Your friend is lying.

8. macOSX-tastic macrumors 6502a

macOSX-tastic

no, sorry, it cant happen.

our garden is being landscaped at the moment......google earth shows an image of how it was before. how cool would that be? to take my powerbook outside, and see myself on the screen holding my powerbook looking at the screen showing me holding my powerbook from space!!!

imagine though....if we can look at google earth and see what we can see, imagine what the governments of the world can do.

i shudder to think. big brother IS watching you. and me:D

S

9. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

Big time. Most spy satellites sweep through their designated areas of the world in fixed intervals (eg. every 90min, you get to take pictures for 10min). That allows other countries to move militarily sensitive material around without being watched by the US.