Google Introduces Search Options for Mobile Devices

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Oct 8, 2009.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Google today announced that it has brought its "Search Options" results filtering feature to certain mobile platforms, including the iPhone OS, for U.S. users. The feature allows users to filter their search results by timeframe and by source, such as the entire Web or just Internet forums or reviews.
    The feature was introduced to standard search results in May, but has now been extended to mobile-formatted results on certain platforms to provide enhanced search capabilities.

Article Link: Google Introduces Search Options for Mobile Devices

2. macrumors 68020

Mr. Gates

--Redmond --------- ----------------Washington---
    I thought this feature was always available. Guess I don't have too much use for it until I think about it. Strange that it just appeared without an update.

3. macrumors member

An iPhone update wasn't needed. It was a website change.

4. macrumors 68020

spillproof

That will make things a bit easier. Okay, I've actually never need that feature, but it is good to have I guess.

5. macrumors 6502a

Eminemdrdre00

I still miss being able to customize the other Google apps on the top of the Google search page for iPhone.

6. macrumors G5

nagromme

I never even knew these options existed on the desktop version :eek: Useful to know about.

7. macrumors newbie

8. Guest

9. macrumors newbie

I accept: Google Introduces Search Options for Mobile Devices - The feature was introduced to standard search results in May