Google mail on a phone

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bousozoku, Nov 3, 2006.

1. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I noticed a new application for retrieving Google mail on a phone at http://gmail.com/app and it's got a nicer, more compact interface compared to trying to use the web interface.

I wouldn't want to do e-mail on my phone but for certain critical situations, it's a whole lot easier than trying to pull out the computer and find a hot spot.

2. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Nice find! I was hoping that Cingular's Mail app would integrate gmail or any other mail service, but it hasn't and I don't think it will. Hopefully this doesn't harass me with "ALLOW CONNECTION" prompts every 2 seconds like googlemaps does.

3. bousozoku thread starter Moderator emeritus

My Sprint Samsung A900 has multiple settings if you don't automatically allow a connection. One is allow until exit. I'd think there would be such a way to do the same thing on your phone.

I'm really pleased with the gmail application. The interface is quite nice. I'm still acclimating myself to internet applications on a 240x320 pixel display but this works well and it's great that they've picked up on shortcut keys.