Google Maps doesn't work with Tiger/Safari?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by sjshaw, May 14, 2005.

1. sjshaw macrumors regular

Feb 18, 2004
    I searched and didn't find anything on this. Does Google Maps work fine for all of you with Tiger's Safari? When I try to click on an address or use the directions feature, it doesn't respond. Any ideas?
  2. shidoshi macrumors regular

Jun 28, 2004
    I just tried it, and it worked for me. I tried searching for an address, switching to satellite view, and then doing directions from one address to another.
  3. altair macrumors regular

Nov 22, 2002
    Seattle, WA
  4. sjshaw thread starter macrumors regular

Feb 18, 2004
    Hmmm... the time it screws up for me is clicking on a link from craigslist's apartment listings. If the address isn't found and it gives a suggestion on the right-hand side, when I click it, it doesn't work. Oh well.
  5. mcmav37 macrumors 6502

Dec 30, 2004
    Ann Arbor, MI
    I know some people said that Google maps get confused by apartment numbers, but that wouldn't explain why it would have a problem with the suggested addresses it gives you.

As for me, I have had no problems at all... and that includes changing the Yellow Pages widget to use Google Maps instead of Mapquest.
  6. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

Oct 19, 2004
    Calgary, AB
    eh works for me. Although to be fair as great as google maps is I've always found it to be off by a 1/2 a block of so. I mean when I look up my parents address the marker is definatly off by a few houses or so.