Google maps not available for my country

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by MacMan988, Jan 29, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502a

MacMan988

Hi, it seems still google maps is not available for my country. Are they gonna make it available world wide? Google maps works fine for my local area. I used it most of the time when I was using my previous phone, which is a galaxy s2.

2. macrumors 6502a

sagar4995

same here. im located in UAE. No Google Maps in the Emarati app store :(

3. macrumors 6502a

Only way around this is by creating a Apple ID with a US address and telephone number. Instructions is found below.

Creating an iTunes Store, App Store, iBookstore, and Mac App Store account without a credit card
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2534

4. thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacMan988

And then can I get back to my original Apple ID once the app is installed? will I be getting updates if I do that in that way?

5. macrumors 6502a

sagar4995

apparently yes, for both your questions. I checked with a friend who does this regularly. Haven't tried it out myself. will do and let you know.

6. macrumors member

Yes. You just install Google Maps, then you log out of the US store and log in again with your local, regular account. Every once in a while, when updates are released, you will have to log in with the US store again to download them, and so on.

I do this regularly with a couple of apps that are not available in my country (some local US newspapers and Pandora, for example).

7. macrumors 6502

Prabas

You don't have to log in to update those apps anymore, just enter your password :)

8. thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacMan988

Created a USA ID and searched the app store with "google maps" as the keyword and still the same list of apps coming up! I cannot see google maps in the list! Perhaps the search results are being produced using my current location as well?

9. macrumors 6502

Prabas