Google maps not displaying in Safari

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by artesian, Mar 29, 2007.

1. artesian macrumors newbie

Been using Safari 1.3.2 in 10.3.9 for ages without problem until a few days ago when Google maps stopped displaying maps (page loaded OK, navigation etc, just no maps).

I can't trace the cause of this - I think it was either a software update from apple, or a crash that happened while looking at some very large pdf's.

I tried finding recent files - found folder javascripts with file glob.settings.js in, but removing this to trash made no difference.

Any ideas anyone?

2. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

Why not just download the current WebKit. The builds recently are very stable so you could just stick with one. It is a lot faster than the version of Safari that you are using anyway, and mine works with GoogleMaps just fine.

3. artesian thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry, can you explain WebKit? Do you mean latest version of Safari? I think this is the latest version that works with OS 10.3.9

4. artesian thread starter macrumors newbie

OK, apologies again, webkit a different browser (?)

I've got used to Safari though, I like it! I should have mentioned that Google maps still works fine in Firefox. I've broken Safari somehow.

Funnily enough, it's the stability of everything Mac these days that means that as a user who used to be able to fix all sorts of things in pre-OS X, now I haven't a clue. Don't even know how to re-install Safari

5. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

Read all about it! It's truly great! It isn't a different browser, it's an advancement (with Apple) of the engine that Safari uses. It actually uses Safari. Well, you'll see.

6. phineas macrumors regular

phineas

This webkit, so does it install another totally new browser? or just compliments whats already there ? i.e. "Safari"

TIA

7. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

no, webkit will not alter anything related to your safari, however, Im not sure 1) if it will solve your problem. 2) if it will be able to run on your 10.3.9

If I were you, I would
    1. clear cookies and cache of safari
    2. delete file "com.apple.Safari.plist" in your library/preference/