Google Maps Won't Find my Address!

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by Fazzl, Aug 24, 2007.

1. macrumors 6502a

Fazzl

My address comes up fine on my pc but on my mbp it wont find my address on google maps or google earth. any help?

2. macrumors G3

clevin

it doesn't sound like a software problem. u sure u input the correct address?

3. macrumors regular

Maybe google maps has some kind of funky abbreviation for your street. My street name ends in Trace but if I put it in that way google maps won't find it so I have to abbreviate Trace as Trce. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, but who am I to question Google? :p

4. Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I would panic, if Google can't find you chances are you don't exist.

Be afraid, be very afraid.

5. macrumors 603

wordmunger

Can you find it in mapquest or yahoo maps?

6. macrumors 68020

Osarkon

Try finding a time when it did find it in your history perhaps? It's not likely to be down to your macbook pro seeing as Google Maps is an online system.

7. macrumors 6502a

The Stig

I doubt that this is a problem you can troubleshoot. Google maps/earth is a big program, it is next to impossible to put everything in. It may work on a PC but they might of lost somethings when making it for Mac. I can't get you a real answer, but I don't think it is something you can do. Sorry. E-mail Google :)

The Stig

8. macrumors G3

clevin

I think OP was talking about http://maps.google.com rather than a app called google maps.

Google Earth is a different story.

9. macrumors 68040

Seriously?

Google Earth needs an internet connection to work because it's constantly going online and downloading the information you requested. I used to think that everything was stored locally (actually, I never really cared about how it worked). Then I tried GE without an internet connection and lo and behold it didn't work. GE is just a front-end for stuff that's stored on a server.

10. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Fazzl

it works fine on my dell laptop. the exact same addresss. iono why.

11. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Fazzl

i finally got it working. i guess in safari i needed to use a diff street spelling.