Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fazzl

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2007
My address comes up fine on my pc but on my mbp it wont find my address on google maps or google earth. any help?

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
it doesn't sound like a software problem. u sure u input the correct address?

thegrifman

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2006
Kennesaw, GA
Maybe google maps has some kind of funky abbreviation for your street. My street name ends in Trace but if I put it in that way google maps won't find it so I have to abbreviate Trace as Trce. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, but who am I to question Google? :p

Osarkon

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2006
Wales
Try finding a time when it did find it in your history perhaps? It's not likely to be down to your macbook pro seeing as Google Maps is an online system.

The Stig

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2006
On the track
I doubt that this is a problem you can troubleshoot. Google maps/earth is a big program, it is next to impossible to put everything in. It may work on a PC but they might of lost somethings when making it for Mac. I can't get you a real answer, but I don't think it is something you can do. Sorry. E-mail Google :)

The Stig

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
I doubt that this is a problem you can troubleshoot. Google maps/earth is a big program, it is next to impossible to put everything in. It may work on a PC but they might of lost somethings when making it for Mac. I can't get you a real answer, but I don't think it is something you can do. Sorry. E-mail Google :)

The Stig

I think OP was talking about http://maps.google.com rather than a app called google maps.

Google Earth is a different story.

jdechko

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2004

The Stig

Seriously?

Google Earth needs an internet connection to work because it's constantly going online and downloading the information you requested. I used to think that everything was stored locally (actually, I never really cared about how it worked). Then I tried GE without an internet connection and lo and behold it didn't work. GE is just a front-end for stuff that's stored on a server.

Fazzl

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2007
it works fine on my dell laptop. the exact same addresss. iono why.

Fazzl

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2007
i finally got it working. i guess in safari i needed to use a diff street spelling.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.