Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maclad

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2016
UK
I have been running ios 17.1.2 for a week or so and had no problems with Safari, but today I was going backwards and forwards on my eBay purchases and all of a sudden it stopped loading the page. Now when I put in an address, and click return, the blue bar starts but then stops at around an inch or 20mm and the page is usually blank. Occasionally a small portion of the website loads and the blue bar lengthens a bit before stopping. It doesn’t matter what address that I put in, including apple.com it doesn’t work. My apps appear to be working fine. I am using an iPad Mini (5 generation).

I’ve cleared the last 2 days of history in the cash.

I’ve switched the iPad off and on.

With no change.

Any advice would be gratefully received?

Edit, I switched from google to yahoo and about 15% of the page loaded but none of the links are clickable.

Edit 2, I’ve loaded the duduckgo app and that seems to be structured exactly like Safari and works OK.

EDIT 3, 4 hours after the problem occurred, it suddenly disappeared and Safari works fine!

Last edited:

maclad

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2016
UK
Delete Chrome app and reinstall.
It’s not chrome it’s just normal Safari, it’s Safari that is the problem, tried Yahoo and duck.duck.go and still not working.

EDIT Interestingly, I clicked on my email link to your response and it loaded the whole of my question but not your reply!

Last edited:

maclad

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2016
UK
All of a sudden Safari seems to be working and the webpages seem to load, except I am logged out of eBay etc and I have to log into them all!

Fortuitously, it may have been for the better as I am now using duckduckgo app for my main websites like eBay!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.