Google Partners With Dell

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by iPost, Feb 7, 2006.

1. iPost macrumors regular

2. Studawg7 macrumors regular

personally id get rid of all the google add-ons. this makes me not want to get a dell. i prefer a clean computer with me being the one that chooses what to put on it. but this would be an easy way for google to get more imbedded into the general computer.

3. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

...and of course they have a nice photo of a Dell XPS on there - ugh!

The Dell XPS, which is short for eXtremely Pimp-looking Sh*t.

Say it aint so, Google.

4. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

lol my roomate got a dell XPS about a month or so ago. We spent the first 3 days just removing the pre-installed dell garbage.

5. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I've helped a couple people set up new PCs, and the mounds of preinstalled *crap* the vendors bundle with them is incredibly annoying. I knew I was spoiled with the Mac, but jeez that stuff is awful.

6. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

It's amazing all the garbage they pre-install on computers. All the junk ware really slows these machines down. I didn't know how much so until I went to compusa. My custom built Athlon 64 3000+ machine that cost me less than $500 to build was far more responsive than their $1200 HP's and Sony's using Athlon X2 4200+ and Pentium D 830's. Oh well I guess this will give me more reasons to give people to either buy a Mac or build there own Windows box (for gaming).

On another subject. I know that Windows XP 32bit doesn't support EFI but XP 64 bit edition does. Given that has anyone heard of anyone getting the 64bit edition to boot on a Intel Mac. It would be great to concentrate both my systems into one. (Gaming Windows, Everything else OS X:cool: )

7. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

i remember google being one of those really cool, forward looking companies of the late 90's. one that actually was into the whole open source movement and what not.. now with all these partnerships... it makes me think less of google, i dunno why. maybe its because they are abusing their power?