Google (predictions for future apps/services)

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by menziep, Apr 18, 2006.

1. menziep macrumors 6502a

I think that Google are set to release 4 things in the near future.

1. A Movie Creator - Mostly like iMovie with DVD burning built in.
    2. A Basic music Creator - Mostly Like Garageband.
    3. A Google web browser - It will have dierct access to all of google's services.
    4. A Google Media Player - It will play most formats as well as Videos from Google's Video Download Service. (it will be intergrated with the web Brower)

By The way ilife and mac os x have these apps allready. (see below)

Apple - Microsoft - Google

iPhoto - Photo Gallery* - Picasa
    iMovie - Movie Maker - ???
    iDvd - Dvd Maker* - ???
    GarageBand - Monaco* - ???
    iWeb - Frontpage** - Page Creator
    iCal - Calendar* - Calendar
    Safari RSS - Internet Explorer - ???
    iTunes - Media Player - ???

As Google is trying to take even more of the market then i will think that some of the apps that iv said will come out. (Hope So Anyway!!!)

* Coming in Microsoft Windows Vista
    ** Its a Pro App

Note: These are what i think will come out.

Please Post Your Comments Below

2. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Well, first of all, I thought your thread was going to be a new Google service, Google Predictor, where it tells me where I want to surf to next, and what I'm about to search for. There could even be a desktop crystal ball.

Having said that, I like the chances for the media player, and 50/50 on a Google-branded browser. The other two I don't think will happen soon, at least as a Google-based site. The bandwidth to upload video and music, then do necessary editing, just seems too high. If it was a standalone program on the local user's computer, I guess it could happen. I won't hold my breath though.

3. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Perfectly possible, and could be fantastic. There was an article last year about how Google are putting a hell of a lot of effort in to more human translations. Meaning making translations not simple word for word translations as they are now, but actually intelligent enough to be able to re-phrase things when a simple word for word translation isn't enough. It sounded incredible. It was talked about how the technology could be embedded so that you didn't even know the translation was going on. You would Google for information, be taken to a Chinese coded website and never even know it. It could also be embedded in to Google Talk etc, you could talk to people from all over the globe in your native language, and them in theirs, but as far as you're concerned they're talking to you in your language. HUGE potential.
    http://video.google.com/playerdownload.html ;)

4. menziep thread starter macrumors 6502a

I mean a bit more like itunes or Win Media player.

That would be nice :D :rolleyes: lol

5. supremedesigner macrumors 6502a

supremedesigner

I had a feeling that Google will release their own OS one day! :eek:

Also, YOU forgot to put "iChat, MSN and Google talk something!" and "pages, MS work, and open page something" !!! lol

6. menziep thread starter macrumors 6502a

if i was to put every google service. my hands would get tired from typing them all out :rolleyes:

As for the Google OS there was a load of rumors about them releasing one this year.
    And wasnt there rumors about a Google PC?

7. supremedesigner macrumors 6502a

supremedesigner

Not sure about google pc because you can put it on MAC just like XP on mac! :eek:

Well, do you have a preview of Google OS? I'm dyin' to see what it looks like. What if it isn't OS after all, just the plugin for Windows and MAC? Like half of google OS on MAC and XP? Do you know what I'm saying? Well, something like that. lol

8. menziep thread starter macrumors 6502a

Im dyin to see what it looks like to.

Theres abit of info here (See Link)

Link

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/01/31/google_goes_desktop_linux/

9. Timepass macrumors 65816

well I could see a lot of that happening.
    But that being said some of you list of software is kind of off. M$ already has a calandar like progrom out there.

Which is Outlook. And like apple's side it has email calandard and contacts all tied together in it. (And it even ties in to MSN Messager)

10. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Please stop typing MAC

I know I'm not alone here, and it pains me to see Macintosh written as MAC. Please, use Mac. It'll give you more credibility around here I think.

11. supremedesigner macrumors 6502a

supremedesigner

Here's my prediction:

Remember they talked about giving away $100.00 laptop all over the world? I think Google OS is for it! Cuz google is free for everything (softwares, emails, etc.). What do you think?

EDIT: laptop for poor children / education, somethhing like that.

12. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Going by some of the stuff I occasionally read, I think they're beta-testing it right here on MR Forums. :D

13. timswim78 macrumors 6502a

timswim78

Before we see any of the products that you listed, I hope that we will see an OS X version of Picasa. (I am among the 1% of Mac users that do not like iPhoto.)

14. backupdrummer macrumors regular

backupdrummer

I would be very very very suprised to see Google come out with their own video creation app. I would think that it is to much of a niche. Pictures nad Picassa yes but not movies.

What i could see them coming out with is a media management tool or video management side to picassa that would easily integrate into Blogger.