Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gotluck

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2011
East Central Florida
Yea they've been pretty passive aggressive about it for awhile now on mobile IMO, ever since they removed adaway from google play. at least f-droid and sideloading apk's exists though

funny how on desktop they do nothing to stop adblockers in chrome

Michael Goff

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 5, 2012
Yea they've been pretty passive aggressive about it for awhile now on mobile IMO, ever since they removed adaway from google play. at least f-droid and sideloading apk's exists though

funny how on desktop they do nothing to stop adblockers in chrome

Yeah, but there's a good reason for that. This is actually a threat to their meager income from mobile ads.

Surf Donkey

Suspended
May 12, 2015
I am at home most all the time since I have a home office. I just block ads on my router. Take that Google :D

gotluck

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2011
East Central Florida
The average user likely doesn't even know sideloading is a thing.

Yea imo they just don't want adblockers to reach critical mass where everyone is using them.

My wife doesn't want me to put 1blocker (ios content blocker) on her ipad it's funny. Meanwhile I have the urge to do it when she's not looking :p

Michael Goff

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 5, 2012
Yea imo they just don't want adblockers to reach critical mass where everyone is using them.

My wife doesn't want me to put 1blocker (ios content blocker) on her ipad it's funny. Meanwhile I have the urge to do it when she's not looking :p

She'd likely never know if you put one on there and hid it in a folder.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.