Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mbh

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2002
Exactly. That would be the most EPIC thing ever. Even better...announce a date and reveal something else but let them reveal their watches first.

The announcement should contain the word "watch", or some other strong hint, and then the actual announcement would be for a larger iPad or something. You know, for watching movies. :D

MuddyPaws1

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2012
Is this a joke ?

Small market for a smart watch IMHO

Agree. Depends on what it actually does though. I think I have seen 2 or 3 people in the last month at work that actually wear watches anymore. Might bring the watch back if it has some cool features. Not sure what it would need to do to be "cool" though.

cdmoore74

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2010
At least the Google one will work on both iphone and android. I doubt that Apples solution will work outside Apple ecosystem.

techpr

macrumors 6502a
Sep 9, 2008
San Juan, PR
What we will all look like in 6 months to 1 year.

Attachments

• BFu-RBWCcAEoi8x.jpg-large.jpeg
    BFu-RBWCcAEoi8x.jpg-large.jpeg
    38.8 KB · Views: 103

bchery21

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2009
Boston, MA
The announcement should contain the word "watch", or some other strong hint, and then the actual announcement would be for a larger iPad or something. You know, for watching movies. :D

Although it'd be funny, not Apple-like. But man, would that be something...

Ryth

macrumors 68000
Apr 21, 2011

Come on...you're missing the obvious...

"watch"...what do you watch?

TV.

;)

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
So now smart watches will be cool in the eyes of the media?

----------

At least the Google one will work on both iphone and android. I doubt that Apples solution will work outside Apple ecosystem.

Last time I checked Google's business model wasn't about making money off hardware.

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
A thought:

Google isn't copying Apple, nor have they ever. Google is doing what Google always has done, which is making hundreds of half baked products, throwing them all at the wall, and seeing what sticks.

Name something Google hasn't actually tried to make at some point.

Here's a list of many of the crappy crappy web services Google has (accessible by clicking on More, and then Even More, from Google's website):
http://www.google.com/intl/en/about/products/

Have you heard of half of them? One third? One quarter? You've heard about the 10-20% that sucked least.

Here's something else that might surprise you: Google has hundreds more products that aren't listed on that page. (IE: Android, Google TV, the Pixel, the Nexus, Glasses, Fieldtrip, Product Search.)

In summary: Google doesn't copy Apple. They simply do everything, and in doing everything, it's inevitable that they also do whatever few things Apple is doing.

xVeinx

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2006
California
I'm waiting for Tim Cook to get onstage as they release a new, ground-breaking product with:

Anyone want a smart watch? *crickets* Didn't think so.

SUCKERS.

Introducing the new _________.

iVoid

macrumors 65816
Jan 9, 2007
1) Who wears a watch anymore?

2) What's a watch?

3) What time is it, Siri?

But seriously, I'm hopping Apple's next big thing is something other than the iWatch, because I don't see that being a big breakout product no matter who dies it.

Maybe if it's a long wrist device that's the size of the iPhone 5's screen, I might be interested.

pearvsapple

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2012
If Apple starts making Smart Glasses, you can bet your sweet ass Samsung and their partners will follow suit. :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.